Matthew Williamson's Harvey Nichols corner

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
new London concept for Matthew at Harvey Nichols, sounds like an interesting environment
NATURE BOY: is getting closer to nature. He will unveil his first shop-in-shop at Harvey Nichols in March, selling his collection in a space designed around the concept of “virtual nature.” The 636-square-foot, three-walled boutique will be on the first floor of the London store and will sell Williamson’s clothing and accessories. Although details have not yet been completed, the area will contain elements of the designer’s flagship in London, which features a glass-enclosed subtropical garden and Chinese silk wallpaper — on which Williamson has given the pattern of exotic birds fluorescent touches. “It’s a great opportunity for Harvey Nichols to cement our relationship with Matthew, who we’ve supported for many years now,” a Harvey Nichols spokesman said. “Matthew understands a modern wardrobe better than most, and as his label grows, so does our customer’s response to it.”

from wwd :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh wish I was in London to see it!

He's such a nice guy too. And cute! MTV Europe recently showed his London town house and he was very charming, sigh.

his clothes are always sooooo pretty in real life....I must admit I really like the empire line dresses he does. I would love to have one. His clothes are never overtly sexy.....Harvey Nichols is really catering to the international 'monied' though - it would be good if it took some risks like Liberty & (to alesser extent these days) Browns do. Selfridges really has moved ahead of Harvey Nichols.

Harvey Nicks (als Patsy would say) is always a bit cluttered... what I like about Selfridges is the fact that it's so spacious and huge! but Libery is the most risky one when it comes to avant-garde designers if you ask me. Oh I love London!

yes i agree Alura - Liberty is a great place. I love it.

ditto on liberty, but lets stay on topic :wink:

Sounds liek a great idea for a store.

he already ahs a store in london though

Does anyone have pictures of his store/corner? I'm always interested in the way a designer translates his style to the shop. Take for example Margiela's all white in store corners or Gucci's wood/stone/metals.

The store

Found some of his London store, I love it:

Store_pic05.jpg

Store_pic06.jpg

Store_pic02.jpg

Store_pic03.jpg

storequote.gif

WILLIAMSON RETURNS TO LONDON
spacer.gif
MATTHEW WILLIAMSON is returning to London Fashion Week. The British designer will be flown over from New York for one night only on February 16 to receive the latest Moet & Chandon Fashion Tribute Award, which has previously been won by Vivienne Westwood and Philip Treacy. Williamson, who launched his label in 1997, has shown in New York for the last five seasons and now has over 100 stockists all over the world, will present his latest collection at a starry event attended by stars from the worlds of fashion, film, music and art. "Moet & Chandon is the perfect partner to creat a truly magical event," says Matthew, who will alo9s celebrate the opening of a new boutique in Harvey Nichols in February. "I feel honoured to be considered as a Tributee and we will put on as fantastic show." David Meyers, managing director of Moet Hennessy UK which uses the award to honour outstanding design talent, added: "We see the Moet & Chandon Fashion Tribute as an ideal opportunity to extend our already successful involvement with the fashion industry throughout the world. We are delighted that Matthew Williamson is receiving this honour, and we are sure that this event will be a highlight of the fashion year." (December 24 2004, AM)

I was wonderin if this article had been posted yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iatc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->