Max Mara F/W 2021.22 Milan

Many said Fendi looked like Max Mara. And then we get this - in order to make sure there is still a gap in between the two collection. Not sure what is going on this season. I was expecting more fashion. Yes, even from Max Mara.

So boring! I long for the innovative concepts of Max Mara to return than give me this pre-season garbage!

Nothing has yet topped the jewel toned collection from F/W 19 since then...but 2019 wasn’t a bad year at all for Max Mara imo.

The first 6 looks can be in the new Fendi collection, and I won't notice the differences between the two.

The "1951" print sweaters are the weak link in the collection, drop it and send it straight to the store, and the collection will be more cohesive. Carine styling here is a mess here, too much gimmick. Grandma scarves wrap around the head is been done to death by Gucci. Cinch waist belts outside the coat are just impractical and unnecessary. And I don't even know what to say about the styling on look 22 & 24.

Overall an okay collection for Max Mara, they know what their clients want and they give it to them.

This styling deserved a better cast. 15 years old girls can’t carry the styling but the clothes are solid.

so Kim Jones bought Max Mara’s collection this season so we ended up with this...

there’s also a lack of refinement throughout the entire presentation that usually Max Mara provides and it’s a shame.

I miss the Max Mara collections from 2017-19. The clothes were simple yet looked sophisticated. This collection is definitely only the former.

I scroll through this over and over again and nothing catches my eye...as empty as it gets.

Meh, some great outerwear here and there as always but it looks so bland with the setting, the styling and horrible shoes.

Must admit that I was eagerly awaiting this collection, having saw Carine Roitfeld's previews the night prior on her Instagram stories. I was so excited for the evident Queen Elizabeth II inspiration (from the few looks Roitfeld posted) but as opposed to going ALL out, there's just little splashes here and there. A forgettable collection from Ian Griffiths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->