Max Mara F/W 2018.19 : Kris Grikaite by Steven Meisel

No. I don't like that background and they need Fei Fei Sun on this again.

the background is so annoying! the whole set doesn't look very realistic, if that was the intention...

Must admit that I'm not into the background either! It looks as though if Kris is prancing in front of a Max Mara store during some renovations. I've certainly seen more compelling Max Mara campaigns but it's not dreadful, and I can appreciate Meisel & Co giving us something different.

I'm not loving the background either! It looks like she's waiting for the store to open because she needs to go pee. :huh:

Max Mara is the one brand where I appreciate studio photography because their clothing is actually interesting enough to distract from the dullness of the setting. Quite like the pieces here as well, but the setting is awful.

Marie Claire Australia September 2018 Digital Edition

page16.png page17.png
Marie Claire France September 2018 Digital Edition

Kris is so beautiful but she is too young looking for Max Mara in my opinion.

Kris is so beautiful but she is too young looking for Max Mara in my opinion.

I never understand their casting despite liking the campaigns each season, and I'm not even one of those people who hate youth. Perhaps it's all on Meisel, but you're right. The collection is so mature and sophisticated, just look at that tartan ensemble, for instance. And even the shoes, it doesn't scream millennial. I wonder how older women, the intended demographic, respond to these campaigns.

The clothes somehow seem a complete misfit on Kris. Not the right casting despite her being a great model.

I also agree that Kris is the weak link here. I like her, but her face and posing are pretty weird.

I love Kris, but this does not work. Such a miss. Who would have thought a Meisel + Kris combo wouldn't work?

Should have been Doutzen, or Grace again. Someone who looks older and can handle ''glam woman'' better.

Kris shot by Meisel is exciting in theory but I agree the collection is too mature for Kris.

I think Veronica Kunz (sp? the new Givenchy girl) would’ve looked great in this ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->