Max Mara F/W 2023.24 : Karolina Spakowski & Imaan Hammam by Ethan James Green

Max Mara's deceptively simple monochromatic dressing is not a rationale for ever-decreasing levels of effort and overall polish in the ad campaigns.

They photoshopped Karolina's face to look like Rebecca Romjin's. I guess Ethan has also taken on the excess on Meisel's current post-production with gusto.

The amount of photoshop used on this image is ridicolous, did he take lessons from Luigi & Iango?

The suspicious Photoshop activity aside, I'm liking what I see thus far! It's Ethan James Green doing his best Steven Meisel impression, feels quintessential Max Mara and the inclusion of Imaan Hammam is just the icing on the cake.

The size of both pictures looks expanded.

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Apparently Karolina does have that birthmark(?) on her chin so it's not a result of bad photoshopping and I'm happy they haven't edited it away with all the other things they've done.

The shots of Karolina and Imaan posing real close together is what's working best here. I do feel as though some stunning closeup portraits may have elevated and broke-up the full-length images a little which may become redundant as more of the campaign is released. In print, portraits would work great alongside the full-length images.

Looks like an American Vogue editorial, not a campaign. The smiling made it commercial. And not in a good way.

wfzSUuBM_t.jpg
Not be crude, but Imaan's lack of nipples is really unsettling. Her chest looks all the more airbrushed now that I can't unsee it.

There's something about this campaign makes me love it. Maybe the fact it does look like the classic two models editorial from American Vogue gives me some kind of nostalgic. Also love there's only two girls. Kinda hate all the campaigns now are crowded as a bus during the rush hour. When Carine stopped styling the campaigns? When Meisel left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->