Maxim Repin - Photographer

Playing Fashion
"Danse Macabre"
model: Veranika @ AL Models

[courtesy of Maxim Repin]

Demonic, with Veranika Antsipava

courtesy of Maxim Repin

^I didn't expect Veranika and Maxim to create such a creepy (in the best way possible) atmosphere since this was always Chadwicks job to me, but mission accomplished i'd say and you can really see that it's been directed & shot by Maxim due to his typical intensive halos and light effects. He has a very clear style line. Thanks for posting this masterpiece here, penny!

Black Light
new video by Maxim Repin

courtesy of Maxim Repin

unknown magazine
editorial: Aeroflot Style (?:unsure:)
photographer: Maxim Repin
styling: Yuly Mashnich
model: Sasha Luss

iqmodels.ru via skittish

I just love his castings :heart:

Not that fond of the castings but in the last editorial I quite like how everything is understated and subtle even if the styling doesn't really appeal to my eye... quite a trademark after all or some aura surrounding his work, most of his stories bear this mark, for the best actually.

Still think his great lighting will be very hard to translate into editorial, i mean editorial publishable at large scale:(

Actualy, somehow it is video that it might give the biggest potential. the little clip posted is awsome about lights, and i would like to see more of that:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing Fashion
Cover and cover-story
model: Alyona Osmanova

fashiongonerogue.com

i like tests so much better than actual fashion stories he does for some reason. i believe it might be due to his tendency to overdo the stories with colors and effects but his simplicity is perfect.

i like tests so much better than actual fashion stories he does for some reason. i believe it might be due to his tendency to overdo the stories with colors and effects but his simplicity is perfect.

that's an interesting point of view.
as i pointed previously, his test style is great, but not that easy to apply to more commercial work like editos. Still I must say that for me he manages the evolution not badly at all, but for many reasons it still very hard to pass a step in work level.
Check other promising photographer well followed on TFS, Chadwick, Maxim, even maybe Eric Guillemain , it is about 2- 3 years some of them have topics, but even with their work have remarkable features, none of them have really mad it to become regular contributor of the established industry.
Frustration to see that beside that, the same industry pay huge money to lagerfeld to shoot crap stuff after crap stuff, but well..:rolleyes:

For photographers, i personally think that internet, blogs....finally gives a very wrong view of current fashion photography real situation, and i would even say that for some photographers it has even put them in a wrong direction.
I mean, it is quiet easy to gain an audience on the web, but fact is the industry is not really there, it is still much with personal contacts and "politics" that a photographer can expect to make it high.
for example we see here and there, some "editorial" published only on online magazines, of course it looks "cool", but real magazine editor (who have of course usually a very good opinion of themselves and of their magazine compare to online stuff...) will give basically zero value on online published work, which makes that they finally don't help at all the photographer to progress.

This is of course my personal "analyze", but if i had to advise a young photographer talent now, i would advise him not use too much the "web way" as it prooves to work not that well about progress, but instead to use a more traditional way of promotion and contact, which i think fits more the "real" edition industry.

Naked Beauty By Maxim Repin

:heart: amazing beauty shots of Kristina Romanova for Playing Fashion :flower:

1.jpg

2.jpg

http://maximrepin.com/upfiles/maxrepin.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Heather Marks for PF mag. march 2012 (short version)

courtesy of Maxim Repin

New covers of Playing Fashion march 2012 by Maxim

:flower::heart:
Beautiful Valentina and Heather by Maxim

z_eb191633.jpg

z_fbcb9d9b.jpg

courtesy of M. Repin

As i wrote à few page back, sadly it seems his great personal style never found a way to be published:(
Not only this just medium level Russians mags, but very sadly there is really nothing left of his so great lighting style, these pics could have been shooted by almost any photographers:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->