Véronique Branquinho F/W 2016.17 Paris

nowfashion.com

Vogue Italia, March 2016
"Beauty"
photographer: Miles Aldridge
fashion editor: Cathy Kasterine
hair: Kerry Warn
make-up: Isamaya Ffrench
models: Amalie Schmidt, Mayka Merino, Emelie Fredengren, Charlotte Lindvig, Jay Wright, Klementyna Dmowska, Mari Agory

Vogue Italia digital edition

M Le Monde
Premiers Bijoux

Photographer: Letty Schmiterlow.
Stylist: Elodie David-Touboul.
Make-Up: Aude Gill.
Hair: Tomohiro Ohashi.

fashioncopious.com | trafficmodels.com

Mayka Merino Is Killing It
by JANELLE OKWODU
What happens when you enter the modeling industry in the biggest way imaginable? If you’re Mayka Merino, you follow it up with an entire season’s worth of spectacular work. Way back during the Spring 2016 shows Merino debuted with the one-two punch of an exclusive at J.W.Anderson and the opening spot at Prada, making a big impression on the influential casting director Ashley Brokaw in the process. Since then, the plucky girl from Jerez de la Frontera, Spain, has kept herself busy. Merino has leveraged her time on the Prada catwalk into collaborations with some of her biggest heroes. “Everything is possible!” says Merino. “[I was surprised] by the uncertainty of not knowing what will happen until you wake up—everything can change at any time.”

An admirer of artistically minded photographers like Paolo Roversi, Juergen Teller, and Jamie Hawkesworth, Merino has posed for all three in the past 12 months, along with her personal favorite, Steven Meisel. “My dream was to work with Steven Meisel,” says Merino. “And that just came true—he is amazing!” With the kind of unconventional appeal that translates into unforgettable images, Merino has been amassing a portfolio of high-profile work, but she hasn’t forgotten her runway roots. Fall saw her repeat her turns at Prada and J.W.Anderson and add about 30 other major names in fashion to her client roster—an impressive feat for any model, and one that Merino hopes to build upon. “I have always loved fashion,” says Merino. “And since I was a child, I followed the trends, models, and brands—I love clothes!”

And that’s lucky, as Fall gave Merino plenty of chances to experience the best of what fashion has to offer, traveling around the world and gaining a wealth of new experiences in the process. An exclusive with Proenza Schouler meant a laid-back start to the month. “NYFW was awesome and relaxing because of my exclusive,” says Merino. “I did looks with Proenza and that was really fun. The designers were very good to me, and I loved the collection.” While Merino remains mum on whether she’ll be adding any of McCollough and Hernandez’s Frank Stella–influenced pieces to her growing wardrobe, the designer devotee’s personal style has been earning her plenty of attention. Appearing on the red carpet in silver-tasseled Loewe, heading to and from shows in vintage furs, and pulling off an array of eclectic looks has made her something close to street style bait. Though there are still plenty of runways to walk, outfits to wear, and photos to pose for, Merino still appreciates the moment that started it all. “My most memorable experience will always be when I opened Prada. I was a new girl and I had this amazing opportunity, and now a lot of good things have come to me.”

vogue.com

She's really grown on me! I wasn't a big of a fan at first, but this season really changed my mind. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->