McTega Jewellery

Voltaire 6

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently directed me towards this website ... I feel much obliged.

Mctega: Fashion Geeks Unite

Mctega_animals_0.preview.jpg

One might ask how pre-med and microbiology majors end up in the world of fashion. Kristina Ortega and Sarah McLellan both switched their focus to fashion mid-way through college and met while interning at Rodarte. Through this introduction, Mctega was born.

A jewelry line that doesn’t stray too far from a test tube, Mctega experiments with raw materials and vintage pieces. “We started making pieces almost as an experiment to see what we could make together. The line was created as a byproduct of us creating for ourselves and discovering that we were getting a lot of positive feedback on them”, Ortega said.

By taking the common, they reinvent and turn it into something unique. The Carbon Ring collection has a bit of a petri dish reference culturing colored hexagons in polyester resin. The effect is quirky while maintaining a lightness of beauty. “This line was inspired by our mutual science background. It was important for us to tell a story about our backgrounds for our first line because while we will not always be designing with science in mind, our science background will always inform our designs."

From afar, a necklace looks a bit abstract, definitely a statement piece. Upon closer inspection you’ll find a jumble of gilded animal figurines dangling precariously on a chain. It definitely makes for a conversation piece. Their Triptych and Chunk collections have a raw organic aesthetic with no two pieces being alike.

When asked about their upcoming collection, Ortega shares, "We are working on our next line for Fall 2009, which is already a departure from this season. We are really pushing to challenge ourselves with new techniques and ideas. It's completely different from what we've ever done in the past."

With the collections ranging from $92-$325, it doesn’t take nuclear fission to figure out these pieces are affordable and certainly special. www.mctega.com
www.fadmashion.com

there are other really great necklaces too ... just wonderful.

mcteganeck.gif

mcteganeck1.gif

Mctegaanimalnecklace.gif

seaofshoes.typepad.com

carbon-rign-colored.png

contact.jpg

blog.cartelagency.com

I think the pieces are gorgeous and their website is well worth a look. I'm eyeing Triptych for my christmas, my partner has hopefully got the message loud and clear with the tonnes of links i have emailed him lol. :innocent::innocent::innocent:

what does everyone else thing??? it's definitely ingenious, you must say, even if you do not like the style :smile:

I like it, this is right up my alley.the carbon ring is really cool as is the triptych. Thanks for sharing those.

That's okay. I was really enthusiastic about it :smile: :smile: It was a pleasure to share :smile:

I love their stuff so much. I actually did an interview with them a while ago for my blog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->