Meghan Roche

nytimes

8 Models to Watch This Season
By Hilary Moss - Feb. 9, 2018
In time for the fall/winter 2018 shows, T and the casting director Arianna Pradarelli round up the runway’s most intriguing fresh faces.

Meghan Roche
17, United States
“I was a total tomboy growing up,” says the Pennsylvanian. “I played for the best ranked soccer club in the country and later moved on to playing for a top volleyball club — never did I think I would get into the fashion world!” And Roche’s first two gigs haven’t been that bad: a Givenchy campaign photographed by Steven Meisel and walking as an exclusive in the house’s spring/summer 2018 show. “If I weren’t modeling I would have my head in the books, she says. “I take school very seriously. If I hadn’t found my calling so young I would have dedicated myself to my education and getting into an Ivy League.” She’s always wanted to become a criminal lawyer.

Represented by Women Management.

vmagazine

MODEL TALK: MEGHAN ROCHE
With one fashion season under her belt and having walked the runways of Chanel, Givenchy, Alexander Wang, and more, model Meghan Roche is on her comeup. The summer is right around the corner, so V caught up with rising face and talked fashion, current crushes, and her goals for the second half of 2018.

May 24, 2018
TEXT: AJ LONGABAUGH

Where were you born and where are you based now?
I was born in suburbs of Pennsylvania, and I am currently living the New York life!

When did you start modeling?
I signed with Women Management when I was only 15 however, I didn’t “start” modeling until this past year. We were waiting for me to transition from a regular school environment to an online school so that I could travel and work full-time. It would have been a tease to start modeling while I was still trying to attend real school!

How would you describe your style?
I would definitely say my style is very easy going. I love a nice vintage jean with bright white athletic sneakers and a cool t-shirt or jacket with a pair of sunglasses. I’m very “American girl” when it comes to how I dress. I hate being too fancy when It’s not necessary.

Who are your favorite designers?
I have a great appreciation for all designer but those who know me know how much I love Karl Lagerfeld. His work for Fendi and Chanel is just fantastic, and he never disappoints. Chanel has always been a favorite fashion house from the start, even before I even knew what fashion really was. I would wait to watch the Chanel shows on youtube each season!

For my own personal taste, I’m definitely an Alexander Wang kind of girl! It’s the perfect balance between cool and elegant, and always something that I would wear any day and to any occasion. I love the balance between elegance and cool!

Who are some of your role models?
Natalia Vodianova and Gisele Bündchen – if we’re talking models.

Who’s your boy crush right now?
Forever and always Thor (aka. Chris Hemsworth)

Who’s your girl crush right now?
Lili Reinhart!

What are you listening to at the moment?
At the moment I’ve been listening to a late 1990s and early 2000s playlist. Oops!... I Did it Again

What are some of your goals for the second half of 2018?
Mainly I just want to improve myself, I want to be my best and happiest self and work hard for what I earn. I hope to work with even more amazing photographers, brands, and teams and create iconic photos!

Pick one:

Italian Cuisine or Chinese food?
Unless Italian cuisine includes sesame chicken, dumplings, or fried rice… I’ll stick with the Chinese! Though if I do eat Italian food it’s either homemade or in Italy itself.

Lip gloss or Lipstick?
Chap stick and lip balm :smile:

Necklace or choker?
I love a nice, delicate necklace. Simple is best however, I will admit I went through a HUGE choker phase and wouldn’t leave the house without one.

Bold or subtle?
Subtle with a side of bold please!

Last edited by a moderator:
T By Alexander Wang Pre-Fall ‘18 Collection

alexanderwang

Fendi FW18 Couture

vogue

Meghan for Brandon Maxwell:

Brandon Maxwell Spring 2019 New York (O)

vogue

Escada Spring 2019 New York

vogue

Versace S/S 2019

Fendi S/S 2019

source: nowfashion.com

Ralph Lauren S/S 2019

Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini S/S 2019

Roberto Cavalli S/S 2019

Etro S/S 2019

Oscar de la Renta Spring 2019 New York

vogue

She’s pretty, but Meghan looks like she belongs on the Forever 21 website or in VS Pink rather than walking at fashion month.

Maybe in a few years she’ll have some presence/power about her

Vogue Japan February 2019

The Bouquets of Spring

Photographer: Walter Chin
Stylist: Aurora Sansone
Hair: Brent Lawler
Makeup: Mariel Barrera
Cast: Megan Roche

8wkG2IPr_t.jpg

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics