Melanie lights underage daughter's cigarette

Melanie smokes like a chimney. I’ve sat next to her on a beach in Saint Lucia and she must have smoked a cigarette every 15 minutes. I doubt she would be one to set the example for her daughter.

Velouria said:
Wow. I have to disagree with most of you and say that I think Melanie is being a bad parent. Sure, maybe she can't stop her daughter from smoking, but she doesn't have to encourage by lighting her cigarette.

I'm with you.

This makes me laugh :lol: People are getting uptight about this. I have
no doubt that her daughter probably has been smoking since 14 years
old or something. It's not like Melanie can really force her to stop smoking
because you know that she's going to only go back out and buy another
pack and smoke it at a friends house. She's 17 almost 18, she will be
old enough to vote and to join the military. And have a greater chance
of getting killed in the military then smoking a cigarette. In other
countries, the legal age to drink alcohol and for an older person to have
sex with a minor is 16, (and in some other countries it's even younger)so
loosen up peeps! It's not like Melanie is lighting up a A-Bomb! :lol:

Velouria said:
Wow. I have to disagree with most of you and say that I think Melanie is being a bad parent. Sure, maybe she can't stop her daughter from smoking, but she doesn't have to encourage by lighting her cigarette.
But her daughter already has been encouraged. Children pick up
habits from parents, and Melanie who herself is a heavy smoker, is her
influence.

Clearly, Melanie is competing with Dina Lohan for the "Mother of the Year Award". :innocent:

I agree that it is fine if she accepts that her daughter is almost an adult and can make her own decisions, but encouraging the habit is not exactly necessary.

Part of me wonders if they are on a movie set and it is for a role (though I don't think her daughter is in the business), and the naive part of me goes, "Hmmm...maybe it is a candy cigarette?" Though even I am not naive enough to buy that one! :lol:

Didn't Melanie's older son have some drug problems? I remember reading her saying something along the lines of, perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to let him smoke up at home... I agree to an extent that kids are going to smoke/drink/do drugs/experiment anyway, but I also think that if your parent normalises that behviour and allows you to do it in front of them, then it does encourage it. It's like sex. Your parents know you're having it, but you don't want them to watch, do you?

I agree that you can't stop a 17 year old smoking, but I would think for the sake of her kids health, she'd have a rule where she wasn't allowed to smoke at home or when she's with her parents. That was my parent's rule with me. Just my opinion :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
cosmogrl5 said:
Clearly, Melanie is competing with Dina Lohan for the "Mother of the Year Award". :innocent:

I agree that it is fine if she accepts that her daughter is almost an adult and can make her own decisions, but encouraging the habit is not exactly necessary.

Part of me wonders if they are on a movie set and it is for a role (though I don't think her daughter is in the business), and the naive part of me goes, "Hmmm...maybe it is a candy cigarette?" Though even I am not naive enough to buy that one! :lol:

gahaha mother of the year award..lol.

anyways, i do find the pictures a little odd..
as a smoker myself, i would NEVER encourage my kids to smoke nevertheless light their own cigarettes for them.

There's no big deal, my dad sometimes lights my cigs too and sometimes (very often actually) I give him my cigs when he's without, I don't get the discussion abiut this pic.

I'm more worried about Melanie's sense of style than about her daughter smoking...:D

Didn't Melanie admit she told her kids they could smoke pot at home? Right before she went (again!) to rehab.

:rofl: I want her as my mom!
and she was sooo beautiful when she was younger....:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->