Metal Music Style

co-pilot

Reaction score
There is a thread about rock 'n' roll style which is very inspiring (to me).

>>BUT I wanted to make a thread about metal music style.
I wonder if there's any metal music listeners in Fashion Spot.. Let me know if there is..
>And I'd like to "hear" and disguss about if the music genre has influenced your clothing style. Am I making myself clear with my lacking english skills.?.:D
Anything, post pics of bands, singers of that music genre or fashionpics which suit in this thread, in YOUR opinion. Everything in agreement with METAL MUSIC.
Freedom:woot:

I don't listen to Metal all the time nowadays. But I am still influenced by the music. I like old thrash and black metal bands, with a very rock n' roll vibe.

I just skip any silliness and wear a leather jacket with grey jeans. I don't like band tee's anymore. But they would never fit anyway.

I tend to find most metalheads dress poorly. I am bothered to see so many women wh*ring themselves because men will drool over a girl who likes metal. And men themselves often try to become something. I like it simple, nonchalant.

http://www.getreadytorock.com/

Attachments

• darkthrone11a.jpg
    darkthrone11a.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 158
  • fenriz.jpg
    fenriz.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
I listen to metal, mostly symphonic metal. I guess my style is influenced by the music, but like pavement, I like it simple.

I thought I was going to enjoy this thread, but it never took off..

Does hair metal count? I love groupie style.

I guess anything about metal counts. I'm pretty sure there's not many threads about this music style anyway.
Hey and let's keep this thread on:flower:
I'll post here one damn inspirating picture when I get home (I'm now at school)..

cr_gemma.jpg

from site: hautehipster.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html.

^ I really like Stam's look there, but I think that borders on goth. :wink:

I've never dressed "metal" even though I'm pretty close to the scene (can't wait for the Sigh and Mayhem show this July!), though not as fervent as before. I'm actually finding that a lot of girls at shows are looking more normal or are developing a very nice sense of style than the usual "either look like one of the guys or look gothic". Then again, my tastes in metal are of the underground variety and not what you see currently hitting the airwaves/magazines with fashion that resembles something along the lines of Hot Topic.

To be honest, I'm trying to brighten up my wardrobe from all the blacks & burgundies. :lol:

Charon:
4_136_iso.jpg

charon.fi

Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil
LacunaCoil_pic.jpg

11448378-11448381-large.jpg
Patric_Ullaeus_CristinaHummer.jpg

chaindlk.org, realone.com, revolver.se

And the usual, band /black shirt with camo pants.
(Mnemic)
Mnemic_2005_.jpg

revolver.se

& of course, my favorite style of all, the Black Metal style. :D

Gaahl, from Gorgoroth
gaahl.jpg

maelstrom.nu

Enslaved, with their Viking self..
Enslaved1.jpg

prog4you.com

King, from Gorgoroth
3koh.jpg

obskure.com / Photography by Peter Beste

Heee. Ok, so I might've offended a few of you, that's fine. :ninja:

and last because I cannot leave this behind as the young kids are starting to bring this style back lately - at least from what I've noticed here in Los Angeles - the 90's death metal & thrash look. Imagine Sepultura and Metallica in their prime. Lots of hair, tight pants & leather jackets (and nikes! hah). :blush:

MOSH011PD-REVERSEsmall.jpg

worldentertainmentinc.com

Last edited by a moderator:
wow there was lot of stuff, thanks to you blodeuwedd for your posts:flower:

No problem. ^_^

The europeans tend to have more 'style' I guess, but it all depends on the style of music one adheres to. Female fronted bands are definitely more upkept than the American sisters (which go for more hardcore/edgy looks), and they tend towards the more gothic look.

Liv Kristine (of Theatre of Tragedy/Leave's Eyes)
liv_kristine_-_enter_my_religion.jpg

gothtronic.com

leaves_01.jpg

metalstorm.ee

Visions of Atlantis
eden_voa_voc.JPG

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]rockempire.com.tw

[/FONT]Epica
Epica_5.jpg

uni-sw.gwdg.de

Within Temptation
338e6a8e06905c448e765d7e1175a778_full.jpg

nnm.ru

within_temptation.jpg

gothtronic.com

And Nightwish, primarily Tarja Turunen
268991.jpg

last.fm
Tarja_Turunen_3.jpg

last.fm

Nightwish_2004.jpg

alternative-zine.com

I finally got around to making my own collage, ...though I'm not sure about it. :unsure:

Untitled-4-1.jpg

1. Melanie Huynh (The Satorialist)
2-4. Jacket, Jeans, Kooba Bag (Shopbop.com)
5. Patches (Metaldisc.com, Nuclearblast.de)
6. Top (Victoriassecret.com)
7. Jacket (Shopbop.com)
8. Marc Jacobs Dress (Net-a-Porter.com)
9. Marc Jacobs Bag (Luisaviaroma.com)
10. Karen Elson (...?)
11. Jacket (Luisaviaroma.com)

That's just too excessive for me.
I liked the style of 80's trash bands. Very simple. Generally just a tee and denim pants.

I finally got around to making my own collage, ...though I'm not sure about it. :unsure:
You're in Minnesota? Probably the #1 place in the US for black metal and that sort of thing, isn't it?

Generally just a tee and denim pants.

This has always been my general look. But this year I wanted to find a way to merge my feminine style to it. I guess in the winter it could change back, since my mood always does.

You're in Minnesota? Probably the #1 place in the US for black metal and that sort of thing, isn't it?

I have no idea. Is it? :lol: Is it because we're basically all Scandinavian? I wish I knew. I should get out more.

Awesome topic!!! I :heart: metal! I should add that it's not the only style I listen to, but it's the only one that has really affected my style.

Right now, I'm really getting inspired by the whole 80's metal style --> black leather and long, curly hair (which I have naturally anyway).
*hope this works, it's my first time posting pics...*

queen
Queen7a.jpg
s6614.jpg

the scorpions
scorpions.jpg
scorpions2.jpg

bon jovi --> I'm still influenced alot by their current style, but i really love their 80's stuff
index.jpg
View attachment untitled.bmp

also influenced quite a bit by Nightwish (folkmetal) and Evanescence (I am still trying to figure out what musical genre they are, but their close enough to metal :wink:) --> make-up & the tops (not really feeling the dresses & skirts)

Nightwish -
Nightwish_12.jpg
nightwish2.jpg

Evanescence -
evanescence-amy-lee-lilac-3701142.jpg
View attachment 4.bmp

keep on rockin' in the free world... :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member