Mexx?

Catherine-Marie

Reaction score
A new store is opening two blocks from where I work, one shop over from H & M on 5th, here in New York. The big signs say "Mexx" and that it's European fashion for men and women.

Is anyone familiar with this "brand"? What's the deal?

Thank you. :flower:

Yeah they have Mexx a lot here in Canada. I would say it's a step below Teen Flo. About on the same level as Part II if you are familiar with either of these brands. They have some nice stuff, mostly dressy-casual, but they aren't my thing personally.

Thanks, mehq, but I don't know either of these places.

So far, I'm gathering that they are similar to H&M? Which wouldn't make sense, would they put two places like that next to each other? Hmmm... :doh:

CM, it's kind of on the same page as Club Monaco (price-wise) and their pieces are more classic rather than too trendy.

Mexx is where I go when I need something plain like the basic black pants and white blouse.

On the other hand, they have really nice menswear.

Well, either way, I suppose it's worth a quick look during lunch, once it opens. Thanks! :smile:

i shopped in mexx once when was in Montreal & it was all right.
everything was very affordable, cheaper than Club Monaco. quality was not the best, but at those prices it's fine.

Mexx is Italian, more expensive than H&M and
-from what i remember- less trend consious.
Its been around for 15 years or more,
last time I saw their collection (years ago)
it was towards sportswear/casual/weekend.
But of course big companies change directions
so let us know what Mexx is all about in NY,
will you Catherine-Marie? :flower:

Originally posted by mehg@Sep 10th, 2003 - 2:10 pm
Yeah they have Mexx a lot here in Canada. I would say it's a step below Teen Flo.
is it just me or does Teen Flo sound like a 1970's-era brand of maxi pads?

I'll have to check out this Mexx place next time I pop into the city.

Originally posted by HBoogie+Sep 11th, 2003 - 10:39 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Sep 11th, 2003 - 10:39 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mehg@Sep 10th, 2003 - 2:10 pm
Yeah they have Mexx a lot here in Canada. I would say it's a step below Teen Flo.

I'll have to check out this Mexx place next time I pop into the city. [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap: :lol:
I seriously died laughing when i read that

Originally posted by mehg+Sep 11th, 2003 - 12:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mehg @ Sep 11th, 2003 - 12:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by HBoogie@Sep 11th, 2003 - 10:39 am
<!--QuoteBegin-mehg
@Sep 10th, 2003 - 2:10 pm

I'll have to check out this Mexx place next time I pop into the city.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap: :lol:
I seriously died laughing when i read that [/b][/quote]
That makes two of us!!!! :lol:

Mexx is all over the place here too -- it remindes me of Espirit, pretty much the same style/price range.

in the Netherlands, mexx is everywhere. it's definitely more expensive than H&M, and much less trend-conscious. but for once, I don't see that as a good thing. I don't think I've ever bought anything at mexx. what I don't like about their collections is that they hardly ever use natural materials, it's almost all very (what I call) polyester-y looking and feeling (but I don't know very much about unnatural fibers, for all I know it's not polyester. I hope you know what I mean). you know, pants that are just a bit too shiny, tops that would melt if you wore them sitting next to a candle. it's a pet peeve of mine :innocent:
plus their clothes are not my style - they're very mainstream.

I just discovered Mexx here in VA. It's been 3 years since the above posts, does anyone new have opinions - and is the above still valid or are they a lot better now?

hmmm I nver heard of Mexx...highly intersting...but im in Chicago and we get everything last so :(

I bought something from Mexx a long time ago. It's nothing for my age, a bit too boring. In germany you can find a mexx store in every town.

I thought Mexx was quite common around the world, theres alot of Mexx in Canada. Not a fan, thats pretty much what I have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->