Michael Kors Collection S/S 2023 : Mica Argañaraz & Mona Tougaard by Inez & Vinoodh

When I read the title mentioning Mica and Mona, I expected something way more exciting than this. Hopefully, there will be better images coming. That said, with all the poor campaigns I've seen so far, this one is far from the most disastrous.

When I saw both names I expected something glamorous, moody and mysterious not this wide angle mess. Hopefully that effect is from the phone that captured the pic. Would have loved a Carmen OG nostalgic shoot.

Would have loved a Carmen OG nostalgic shoot.

Here we go, nostalgia took us over, me included. The thing is that we have so few visuals to indulge with that we're craving for what made us dream fashion, breath fashion, get up fashion etc. All in all we just want a good shot of fashion frenzy, a genuine one, even from time to time, to keep our eyes tuned to their visuals. They don't seem to understand that. They wanna appeal to some new audiences. And I guess they fail, most of times.

this definitely deserved another pair of models carrying different bags (one at least)… I do like the vibe of the campaign but that’s it.

What a disappointment... The collection is wonderful, the best of the S/S season! Imagine if it was Carmen and Malgosia together? Maybe both of them could save this horrible photograph.

Mica and Mona have zero chemistry with each other here, such an odd model pairing IMO. Nevertheless, I'm liking the fact we've ventured out of New York this season and now appear to be somewhere like Monaco.

The shot captured at nighttime is infinitely better than the first! :heart:

The second outtake is already way better. I'm not in love but at least the atmosphere is nice enough to skip the disappointment I felt looking at the first one.

Year after year I'm just so annoyed with Mica's hair. Like give her a wig, use some straightening iron, slick it back.. anything!

So much better than the Instagirls. Step back and let he real models work. Thanks.

The wide angle and lack of chemistry is pulling it down. The last shot is better than the first 2 but we still havent gotten that MK jetsetter, these are more like influencers in an expensive location.

New campaign image, photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin and styled by Emmanuelle Alt in Monte Carlo, Monaco:

The results are quite disappointing based on all the parties involved. It feels underwhelming.

The collection does have that vacation-in-Monaco vibe so the location makes sense.
The biggest letdowns are the photography and the styling direction. Alt and I&V have done far stronger Monaco editorials in VP so I don't know why they can't achieve the same results here.

All those big names went to Monte Carlo for this…
What a letdown.
It would have been good to have actually the MK women do something else than walking.

Monaco means a certain lifestyle that you want to see in the images. This is terrible!

this is bad.... and really these two amazing models don't spark joy for me...
1675962841159.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->