Michaela Coel

Yohji

Reaction score
Michaela Ewuraba Boakye-Collinson (born 1 October 1987), known professionally as Michaela Coel, is a British actress, screenwriter, director, producer, singer, songwriter, poet and playwright. She is best known for creating and starring in the E4 sitcom Chewing Gum (2015–2017), for which she won the BAFTA Award for Best Female Comedy Performance, and the BBC One/HBO comedy-drama series I May Destroy You (2020).

Michaela the Destroyer

bn3c6hK.jpg

vAvk1He.jpg

kp3MqHb.jpg

vulture.com

Michaela Coel attends the Prince's Trust And TK Maxx & Homesense Awards at London Palladium on March 11, 2020 in London, England.

sAPjJNC.jpg

kC98ZXA.jpg

Michaela Coel attends the "Our Planet" global premiere at the Natural History Museum on April 04, 2019 in London, England.

Jsalg1N.jpg

U9NCh0H.jpg

Michaela Coel attends the Royal Television Society Programme Awards at Grosvenor House on March 19, 2019 in London, England.

mYKwZwr.jpg

Michaela Coel attends SAG-AFTRA Foundation Conversations: "Black Earth Rising" at The Robin Williams Center on January 22, 2019 in New York City.

XJZgkxh.jpg

Michaela Coel attends the 21st British Independent Film Awards at Old Billingsgate on December 02, 2018 in London, England.

OHcQ3rg.jpg

Michaela Coel attends the World Premiere of "Been So Long" at the 62nd BFI London Film Festival on October 12, 2018 in London, England.

B7ncVal.jpg

Michaela Coel attends the '3 Days in Quiberon' (3 Tage in Quiberon) premiere during the 68th Berlinale International Film Festival Berlin at Berlinale Palast on February 19, 2018 in Berlin, Germany.

amFxaPA.jpg

Michaela Coel poses during the photo call presenting the European Shooting Stars 2018 during the 68th Berlinale International Film Festival Berlin at Audi Lounge on February 17, 2018 in Berlin, Germany.

b94s0CX.jpg

Michaela Coel attends the European Premiere of 'Black Panther' at Eventim Apollo on February 8, 2018 in London, England.

d2hNE90.jpg

Jada Pinkett Smith and Michaela Coel attend a special screening of Girls Trip at the Soho Hotel on July 25, 2017 in London, England.

PCUqKHB.jpg

Michaela Coel poses in the Winner's room at the Virgin TV BAFTA Television Awards at The Royal Festival Hall on May 14, 2017 in London, England.

e9mSrxN.jpg

Michaela Coel attends The Olivier Awards 2017 at Royal Albert Hall on April 9, 2017 in London, England.

UiEERWQ.jpg

Michaela Coel attends the House Of Fraser British Academy Television Awards 2016 at the Royal Festival Hall on May 8, 2016 in London, England.

Y96Yjis.jpg

zimbio.com​

She seems to lean towards vibrant things but so far her style on the red carpet seems a bit all over the place.. I know it may have to do with the fact that she's right on the entrance to full access to high fashion.. it will be a lot more fun to watch her then.

I finished watching I May Destroy You a couple of days ago.. I didn't think it's as out-of-this-world amazing as all the reviews make it out to be but watching it just felt like a breath of fresh air and I've been watching a lot of shows this year. Her work just emanates sincerity, spontaneity and lack of ego (ignoring for a second that she's the writer, co-producer, actress, director, etc :lol:).. she perfectly handled this transition from making the viewer relate so much to a character that has just experienced something monumental in what's seemingly 'just another day', and then slowly isolating her from her friends, what she used to be and ultimately the viewer.. she just becomes so unlikeable you start to wonder 'what is this show'.. I found it annoying at first but now I think it's such a brilliant move.. she really dived into the depths of a traumatic event and how it may not necessarily extract this shy, tormented, weeping persona, but the opposite, as you try to navigate all the emotions and understand your new reality.

I wish she did a spin-off on her two friends in that show! Paapa Essiedu and Weruche Opia are both so cute and deliver such good acting.. :heart:..

UK Harper's Bazaar December 2020

Michaela Coel Creates Art From Trauma in 'I May Destroy You'

Photographer: Josh Shinner
Stylist: Georgia Medley
Hair: Charlotte Mensah
Makeup: Michelle Leandra
Cast: Michaela Coel

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

W Magazine Volume 4 2020

Michaela Coel

Photographer: Tim Walker
Stylist: Rasharn Agyemang, Sam Walker
Hair: Virginie Moreira, Cyndia Harvey
Makeup: Ammy Drammeh, Sam Bryant
Cast: Michaela Coel, Paapa Essiedu, Michelle Greenidge, Lewis Reeves, Weruche Opia, Lauren-Joy Williams and Danielle Vitalis, Harriett Webb

W Magazine Digital Edition

WSJ. November 18, 2020
PHOTO: TYLER MITCHELL FOR WSJ. MAGAZINE, STYLING BY LYNSEY MOORE​
im-252437

im-252433

im-252435

im-252432

im-252436

im-252434

wsj.com​

Michaela Coel attends the Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards 2021 at Television Centre on June 06, 2021 in London, England.

zVczhQT.jpg

3XvZrla.jpg

zcyJyyz.jpg

Fx5g0U3.jpg

zimbio.com​

UK Elle October/November 2021

The Making Of Michaela Coel

Photography: Danny Kasirye
Styling: Georgia Medley
Hair: Lauraine Bailey
Makeup: Jimmy Owen Jones
Cast: Michaela Coel

UK Elle Digital Edition

It's been a loonnngg time since I've LOVED a photoshoot like this. She looks incredible and every single shot is phenomenal.

Michaela Coel attends The 2021 Met Gala Celebrating In America: A Lexicon Of Fashion at Metropolitan Museum of Art on September 13, 2021 in New York City.

46hXmiW.jpg

7fWmfkw.jpg

zimbio.com​

Michaela Coel attends the 73rd Primetime Emmy Awards at L.A. LIVE on September 19, 2021 in Los Angeles, California.

NZaMymJ.jpg

2ED89IZ.jpg

lsRnAFy.jpg

zimbio.com​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"