Michiko Koshino Fall-Winter 2006, London

brian

Reaction score
London, February 14 2006

With Ronnie Corbett sitting two seats away from a fishnet-clad Meg Matthews in the front row, we couldn't help that feel this was either quite an extraordinary fashion moment we were witnessing - or a stylish exercise in incongruity. In fact, from Michiko Koshino's first look, comprising a cream flannel skirt suit with a ruffled hemline and a fitted jacket with enormous puff sleeves, it was an ooh la la French-themed femininity that could have been enjoyed by both famous faces.

Fencing visors worn as berets and bulging towelling robes, printed in grey and yellow, felt mismatched by the nubbly tweed day dresses that followed, however, just as sweet silk chiffon dresses with V-ed backs, elegant kimono-style jackets and pencil skirts with chiffon glimpses between the kick pleats were somewhat thrown off-centre by the rope-like embroidery that made statements of other less desirable dresses.

A gorgeous midnight blue trench, fur tippets that wrapped the models up like all your favourite French heroines, pencil skirts that bubbled in a stiff puffball over the knees and Roland Mouret-style tweed dresses all took full marks. Maybe it was the trance music that meant the patchwork handkerchief dresses just didn't fit the Valentine mood, but no matter, Koshino's many, and varied, loyal fans took to their feet to applaud her the moment she appeared.
- Dolly Jones

- vogue.co.uk

all photos, vogue.co.uk

koshi001.jpg
koshi002.jpg

koshi003.jpg
koshi004.jpg

Minus the goofy accessories, I like it. I prefer functional... or at least to wear something that wouldn't attract so much attention. :blush:

Love the 20s influence ... esp the next to last dress. Not quite "wearable" enough for me, but I like most of it (not so much the torn, holey looks though ...).

I like its creativity. It's shows like these that make semi-ghetto fashion weeks like this look better than NY.

Kuwait Times March 28 2006
scanned by me

i love it but.. this autumn/winter 06 collection is different than the one on michiko koshino's site? hmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->