Miss Sixty F/W 05.06 : Asia Argento by Jean-Baptiste Mondino

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
063005_13.jpg

lovely new direction for Miss Sixty shot by Mondino :heart:
Miss Sixty has a new muse.

During the men's wear shows in Milan this week, the company introduced actress Asia Argento as the new face of its fall and winter 2005 ad campaign. Jean-Baptiste Mondino shot the ads.

It won't be Mondino's only campaign appearing this fall. Come November, his photos of :blink: Jennifer Lopez will hit the pages of fashion and lifestyle magazines for the launch of the pop star's fourth fragrance, Live Jennifer Lopez.

For Wichy Hassan, Miss Sixty's president and creative director, Argento is much more than a model. "I used to sketch for an abstract and ethereal woman, now I think of Asia, design for her and show her my sketches," said Hassan. "We talk about the product, and she is very stimulating, she'll make changes, pick up the scissors and start cutting away." The designer said it was "love at first sight" with the actress, whom he met a year ago, and that he "would love it if it were forever."

Hassan praised Argento's personality and said it suited the image of the Miss Sixty brand — sexy and feminine, but also provocative. "I was not merely looking for a pretty face. Asia is a thinking woman, a multifaceted icon, with dark, even androgynous touches," said Hassan.

extracts from a wwd article of today :flower:

OMG I love Asia Argentino and that ad is fabulous :buzz::clap:

Thanks for posting Lena :flower:

it's surprisingly good, really.
thanks for posting, lena

I liked :rolleyes: the photo are efective

Totally over her and have been for awhile. But I'm sure the clueless folks at Miss Sixty think they've got the hottest thing on their hands! :rolleyes:

Though apparently Panos Yiapanis styled the campaign and is consulting for them now. He's one of my favorite stylists. So maybe it won't be so bad.

Panos? hmm this explains a lot.. m.o.m :wink:

indie, kitsch and anna you are more than welcome, glad you liked the shot :flower:

softgrey said:
who is asia argento?...:unsure:

Dario's daughter, bella softgrey! Rent thee his DVDs/VHSs for some of the best in 70s/80s Italiano erotic horror!

Atelier said:
Dario's daughter, bella softgrey! Rent thee his DVDs/VHSs for some of the best in 70s/80s Italiano erotic horror!
:o ...erotic horror??...!!
interesting...will research...thanks atelier>>>:flower:

Very nice photo. I always like their adds, more than their clothes.

I love Asia, but the ad reminds me too much of last season's.

one more Asia for miss sixty

Attachments

• asia.jpg
    asia.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 39
Thank you so much Lena for these pics!!!
I'e been searching for these ads and didn't even thought about searching in fashionspot... How stupid of me!!!!

Well, I have to say it... I expected much more from Asia and Jean baptiste Mondino but i like it... Well I actually like most things miss Argento does

I didn't like miss sixty clothes before (too teenage and girly in a cute way for me) but hey, I'l maybe change my mind...

I like the look of the jeans.. Asia is ok... shes everywhere now...this shot of the campaign ad reminds me of last summers Miss Sixty campaign...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->