Miu Miu S/S 2007 : Lindsay Lohan by Mert & Marcus

LoveLetter

Reaction score
Talks may have fallen through to make Lindsay Lohan the face of Louis Vuitton earlier this year, but it looks like the starlet has a second shot at the ad campaign stakes.

Miu Miu has tapped the teen queen as the face of its spring 2007 ad campaign. A Prada spokesman confirmed Lohan is shooting the campaign in London over the weekend. Separately, WWD has learned Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott are the photographers.

The move sees Miu Miu mixing it up on the image front once again. For fall 2006, Chinese actresses Dong Jie and Zhou Xun and Japanese model Lina Ohta fronted the brand, while in the past celebrity faces have included Kim Basinger, Camilla Belle, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Drew Barrymore and Chloe Sevigny.

For complete coverage see Monday's issue of WWD.

This awful news needs an thread of its own indeed, Miuccia has lost her mind.

I am frankly stunned, I didn't see Miuccia ever picking someone so obvious and high profile (i.e consistently in the tabloids) as Lindsay.

I think there are countless other better choices out there, so this is a real shame.

I don't wanna say anything until I see the pics...

^^ I agree with that comment.

Maybe the result will be amazing and you won't mind about Lindsay Lohan lol.

I think what baffles me more is how Lindsay is supposed to suit the collection :shock:

Can we already start seperate threads for campaigns that are not released yet?

Lindsay Lohan is the last person I think of when I think of Miu Miu...If Miu Miu wants to use actresses/celebrities, I think they should stick to lower profile, edgier ones.

oh well, I guess it goes with Miu Miu's rising prices (dresses now in 6ks... I thought this was a diffusion, and cheaper line)

^ I'm afraid not :ninja: well I think this choice has to do with Miu Miu's expansion in the US..Last season had to do with the expansion in China..seems like commercial choices

I've never seen their prices in the 6k range but i have seen them in the 2k range this season for hand painted dresses. But i agree, I'm sick of diffusion lines raising their prices. As for lindsay, actually I can see it as a fit. I can see her wearing miu miu (esp. the shoes) and i don't think it will be weird. But I'm sick of Mert & Marcus to be honest.

^ Meg, I, too, can see Lindsay doing Miu Miu...and think that it's a pretty good fit... whether or not I like it, don't know... probably not.

omg no just no. i thought wed been saved from the ever spreading disease of LiLo when her talks with LV fell through.

Having said that there is a small chance they could be ok, but i doubt it

Meg said:
As for lindsay, actually I can see it as a fit. I can see her wearing miu miu (esp. the shoes) and i don't think it will be weird. But I'm sick of Mert & Marcus to be honest.

well...
Miu Miu does make very ugly shoes IMO now that i think about it....
does anyone else want to send miuccia to a mental institution? first the HORRID prada collection, and now this :sick: shame on you, ms, prada

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->