Model Name Pronunciation

Meg

inspired contemplation
Reaction score
I decided to start this thread because there are so many models out there whose names I most likely screw up and would like for that to cease! Anyway the one that right now bugs me the most is Erin Wasson. Her last name confuses me. Right now I pronounce it WA-sawn but I'm thinking maybe it's WA-sun. I have no idea! Also Liya Kebede. I know her first name is pronounced Lay-uh, but what about her last name? any help and further inquiries welcome!:flower:

yeah I'm never sure how to say Tiiu's name. I say it 'tee-yoo cook' which i'm sure is wrong. One time I mentioned her name (saying it like that quickly) to this guy and he's like 'do I cook?' and i'm like haha, no, tiiu kiuk.

:lol:
Haha, me no cook. I always pronounce it like 'tee-yoo kee-ook'.

actually my phonetics were wrong there. i say tee-u not tee-yo

ive heard a very prominant photographer pronounce erins last name 'wesson'. not sure if he was right though...but he had worked wither her.

meg, i saw the "backstage" video at h&m (i'm not sure that it's there anymore though) from the lagerfeld campaign and erin herself pronounced it WA-sun. :wink:

That's weird, the 'i' comes before the 'u' but you pronounce it reversed. But thanks :smile:

perlefine said:
That's weird, the 'i' comes before the 'u' but you pronounce it reversed. But thanks :smile:
It's Kuik, not Kiuk :wink: :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 99,9% sure it's Dree-ghen. But I don't know about the first name though.

Nemova said:
It's Kuik, not Kiuk :wink: :flower:
Ah I didn't know that! They always write her name down like Kiuk. Funny.

Dewi Driegen =
Day-wee (like in Davy, just change the 'v' into a 'w') Dree-gen. Actually it's with the typical Dutch g-sound, but I have no idea how to explain that.

perlefine said:
Ah I didn't know that! They always write her name down like Kiuk. Funny.

Dewi Driegen =
Day-wee (like in Davy, just change the 'v' into a 'w') Dree-gen. Actually it's with the typical Dutch g-sound, but I have no idea how to explain that.
I think I know what it sounds like... something between a 'g' and an 'h', isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong. :flower:

Nemova said:
I think I know what it sounds like... something between a 'g' and an 'h', isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong. :flower:
Ehm.. it sounds very 'rough' like you're scraping your throat or something. I think it's the hardest part of learning Dutch :P

^ :lol: thanks for the info, I'm always interested in foreign languages. :flower:

Anybody know how to pronounce "Raica", as in Raica Oliveira? I know I read somewhere it was pronounced "Hyka", but I remain unsure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->