Models Of The Sixties

Originally posted by kragirl@Dec 7 2004, 01:36 PM
to whom...
[snapback]455032[/snapback]​
Twiggy was quite famously engaged to Justin de Villeneuve, her manager and the man who discovered her... Jean Shrimpton was to be married to photographer David Bailey and was later involved with his friend, Terence Stamp.

To my knowledge, neither were ever involved with rock stars. :wink:

did they marry them, and with those looks they could've easily gotten some rock flesh

Originally posted by kragirl@Dec 7 2004, 01:45 PM
did they marry them, and with those looks they could've easily gotten some rock flesh
[snapback]455038[/snapback]​
They did not, but I don't know that rock stars were seen as very major to them.

Twiggy and Justin, and Twiggy with her engagment ring visible. :flower:

Peggy Moffitt is the goddess

peggymoffitplastic.JPG
peggymoffittpink.JPG

gernreich_rouault_swimsuit.jpg
gernreich_sumo_caftan.jpg

Her modeling career never really took off, but today I am thinking about Edie Sedgwick. :heart: :cry:

es1wl66.jpg

I really love these girls from the 60's...
Do you know the french actress Françoise Dorléac? She was this kind of girl, with this strange make-up and a great air of freedom... She's my favorite :smile:

I don't know this girl, can you post some pics of her?
I love 60's make-up and hairstyles!

i justguess every model either had long cher like hair or a boy short cut like twiggy or gerard or soemthing, since it was the thing :rolleyes: :lol:

Originally posted by Puccipatterned@Dec 8 2004, 05:09 PM
I love her hair!

Is she Catherine Deneuve's sister?
[snapback]456299[/snapback]​

Yes she is (or, more exactly, was :cry: )
Me too I love her hair, if you could see the movie "La Peau Douce" (the soft skin), she's so great inside!

Pictures of Penelope Tree. Next to Twiggy, she was my favourite model of the 60's. This was written, and the photographs were found by the livejournal user named modastrid.

She has the most beautiful face ever and the coolest personality. she was 13 when she started modeling! She wore her fake eyelashes on the bottom lid because she couldn't put them on her top lashline! She wore skirts that were shorter than her panties. She wore boots that were connected to tights just so her father wouldn't hit the roof about her short dresses. She had David bailey so wrapped around her finger that he installed a ufo tracker on the top of his house for her. She started wearing weird makeup to annoy her friend's parents. She wanted to look as much like an alien as possible. She was told many times but women that she was NOT model quality and quite ugly. She was 5'10 and weighed 90lbs while twiggy at 5'4 (later 5'6) weighed 91lbs. She had an eating disorder though.

I have long thought that our own Almost Famous looked a lot like Jean Shrimpton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->