Models Switching Agencies

also, if you have to solicit Wayne Sterling for a list of the best shows to book... :unsure:

Truer words. If you don't know which shows are important for a new face, you shouldn't be booking shows in New York. Know who casts what and get them in their shows (KCD / Rami / Ashley Brokaw / Sui / Dizon).

but do you think this could become a trend? the MA's incentives are obvious, but it seems like so much trouble.

Again, it's too much trouble in my book. If you don't have existing relationships with the clients in New York, then I think you're ultimately doing the girl a diservice. At least Selezneva was internationally known prior to doing NYC shows.

Perhaps it is a timing thing and they could not get her signed and reviewed to see if she is one of the girls that the agency wants to give a show card to.

Possible, it just seems like she was in development there for a while, ashame to leave before knowing how well she could have done there. I thought her pictures were really starting to look good, I'm just surprised.

Yes, I believe you would say long locks. Megan Butterworth switching from Elite to Muse. Just wondering why?

I am wishing her the best but I am wondering how Ms. Long Locks can do when she didn't do that well last season with a push from her then NY agency? But then again her book has grown and time has helped many many models make that extra step.

And for Butterworth I would like to know as well.. so close to show season.

I am hoping maybe someone else will happen to know what happened to Butterworth. We'll have to watch and see !
As for time and building their books: i agree with you 100% on that one, it can make a huge difference.

^^Who are you both talking about? Megan or the girl with the mother agent? Or both?

With regards to her book.. the girl with the mother agent (although I must say it hasn't grown THAT much..) timing can always be surprising?

But chapstick has only been talking to you about Megan. Right?

^ Yeah, I too believe chapstick is talking about Megan Butterworth in all her posts and that caused some confusion :unsure: I'd be very surprised if the mother agent girl is someone who already did a turn in NY.

Amanda Laine: Women Milan -> Why Not

Last edited by a moderator:
also, if you have to solicit Wayne Sterling for a list of the best shows to book... :unsure:

but do you think this could become a trend? the MA's incentives are obvious, but it seems like so much trouble.

what would it be so much trouble?
it is clearly the futur.
Nowadays booker just work by phone, skype, email, and very rarely meet clients. Girls also get their casting by modern way of comunication, and dont need to go the the agency as often as a few years back...

so if 99% of the booking is done virtually, I dont see much difference if made from an agency office, an hotel room, or even an agency office in Russia...

i dont say it is for very soon, as of course it is not the usual way to work yet, and people will need time to get used to new habits of work, also NY will alays be a bit apart, but in europe, Viva paris started step by step to manage thei girls in London by themselves, and now it works very well. MA in eastern countries receive more and more direct request from clients to book directly the girls to the them wth no intermediate agency aboad.
Not yet for top clients for sure, but for exemple for show room, it is already not so special that the MA manage some booking abroad. This did not exist a few years back, it exists now, and it will be for sure more and more...

hence why some agencies abroad see more and more the point to become MA of their girls...

I think you'll still need to be where the action is. Some direct bookings here and there is one thing, but can you imagine for fashion week? With one girl, sure, but not on a larger scale. Usually there's a local market to tend to as well, mother agencies would have to expand like crazy to handle their girls internationally in addition to scouting, development, and local bookings. Also, in my experience many mother agents are pretty clueless about what their models should and shouldn't do. You really need to know the specific market (it's not as simple as just knowing what shows to book...) and I don't think anyone could effectively cover several cities. Not as well as an agent located there.

I think you'll still need to be where the action is. Some direct bookings here and there is one thing, but can you imagine for fashion week? With one girl, sure, but not on a larger scale. Usually there's a local market to tend to as well, mother agencies would have to expand like crazy to handle their girls internationally in addition to scouting, development, and local bookings. Also, in my experience many mother agents are pretty clueless about what their models should and shouldn't do. You really need to know the specific market (it's not as simple as just knowing what shows to book...) and I don't think anyone could effectively cover several cities. Not as well as an agent located there.

you have interesting points.
But as i said, it is not something which can happens tomorow, and it can not works perfectly with all categoris of models.
i just notice that compare to few years ago, some things happens already, things which sounded impossible just a few years back.

Obviously, not all MA agencies are able to handle that, and some of them will never be, but with time the ones who want can get the experience stap by step.

already right now, in some particular case, the agencies abroad are in fact waste of time. for exemple, a girl of already good level, but stuck in her home country because of school, and just able to work in direct booking.
if that girl has different agencies in different countries, all options have anyway to go first to the MA to manage or to choose which ones to take. Or the MA must update the snaps, send them to the abroad agency who send them to the client...who is in the case the step not needed, the agency abroad.

so...check well how the things will change, in 3-4-5 years, i believe it will be very different than now...^_^

Pernille Moller: IMG -> Women Milan
Charlotte Hoyer: IMG -> Women Milan

Ioana Timoce: New Madison -> IMG Paris
Barbara di Creddo: Next -> IMG Paris
Lucia Tresova: Next -> WM Paris
Holly Denny: Independent -> Next London
Noah Steenbruggen: Women Direct -> Women Milan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member