Montana Forbes

Aida.Sevan

Reaction score
I’m a self taught artist that grew up travelling between America, England and Southern Africa. I attended (AIU) the American Intercontinental University in London and Atlanta, graduating with a BA degree in Visual Communications.

After graduating I did a course in animated graphics and web design at Central Saint Martins College (London) whilst freelancing as a graphic designer and illustrator for various clients that included a Restaurant, Hair Salon, a Telecommunications and I.T company.
I also had a whirlwind experience of working as a Mac Operator for a celebrity (paparazzi) picture agency in Farringdon, London; after which I decided to get back to freelancing full-time as an illustrator. Earlier this year I had an opportunity to do some work experience and illustrations for YOU magazine (Mail on Sunday) which were published July- August 2004.

My work is heavily influenced by a number of things like Fine & Pop Art. I draw a lot from music, photographs, magazines and Japanese animation and set out to capture a certain mood or presence that I get from these mediums. My background in fine art and graphic design certainly contributes to being aware and sensitive of various mediums and approaches to projects and to comfortably use vivid colours and fluid lines whilst still maintaining a sense of simplicity to my work. Currently I’m experimenting with infusing real life elements to add depth and peculiarity.

Above all I’m inspired and admire other Illustrators and look forward to tackling many diverse projects that will challenge and enhance my work.

I really like the illustrations:heart: :flower:

Attachments

• Montana Forbes 6.JPG
    Montana Forbes 6.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Montana Forbes 2.JPG
    Montana Forbes 2.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Montana Forbes 3.JPG
    Montana Forbes 3.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Montana Forbes 9.JPG
    Montana Forbes 9.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Montana Forbes 11.JPG
    Montana Forbes 11.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 7
thanks for the thread, aida.sevan! i like the comic-strip aesthetic of her work and that it's quite graphic ... don't like everything though.. the less abstract she allows herself to be the less impact her illustrations have on me.

here's one i like

from www.illustratoren.de
850050-27559.jpg

I like some elements and the boldness (the red/black/white last one and the close-up Anna Karina posted) but for me they aren't special enough, maybe a little too simple and easy to produce?

^that is really a feeling that i have with a lot of 'new' illustrator's... that they are simply taking advantage of computer programmes without adding anything ... and what really annoys me is that they get paid for it:ninja:
sorry, i'm frustrated today:blush::P

I completely agree. I am only impressed by illustation when it has a specialness to it, or even if I don't wholeheartedly love it, can at least appreciate it for the time it must have taken to produce...but with some illustrators it does seem like they simply take images taken by someone else and spend 5 minutes in adobe illustrator then get recognition for it!

:blush: I must be feeling the same way as you today! :D

but thanks for the topic aida.seven! :lol: don't want to sound ungrateful!!

We're just being grumpy old ladies :P

Welcome, guys!:flower:

stilista, yes, it is quite simple, but that's why I like her works.:heart:

i'm guilty of 'seemingly quick and effortless' illustrations too :ninja:
but i do favour even those ones that still maintain something maybe deeper in the illustration, like a feeling or idea.
like this one provocat3ur has just posted, it definitely catches my eye a bit, although the other illustrations posted (except somehow the very bright yellow lip close-up one) are just like your general fashion illustrations...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jader
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->