Moschino F/W 2024.25 by Willy Vanderperre

Is this gonna cause controversy in Italy… is it like against flag etiquette? 🤣

I feel like they should have teeth missing. Particularly the first image is a perfect witches cackle pose.

He manages to loosen up the signature cold austerity in Willy's work with Raf. Not pretending this is easy on the eyes but I'm intrigued about this combo and will be waiting to see if it'll turn out to be a fruitful collaboration 2-3 seasons in. Willy just had his retrospective at MoMu so maybe he's also ready to turn a new page as well.

Vanderperre should stay with his gang because he is just not good at bringing out warmth, joy, or passion. Adrian should have at least called Luchford if Meisel is not available as I like his Moschino and want him to do well.

It reminded me a little of Juergen Teller's work for Moschino, but obviously to do something worse than that (except S/S 2011 and 2013, because I love those campaigns) you have to have a special talent and Willy clearly has it!

Willy Vanderperre is so not suitable for this.

Im actually surprised and pleasantly surprised. I love unexpected matches and nobody would have predicted that this designer would call Willy Vanderperre.

It’s interesting and it offers a new POV for Moschino but also for the photographer.

In a way, the clothes are the stars in this, weirdly…

Yeah…no.

So tired of this amateur looking, snapshot photography for fashion.

Are we ever going to see something in fashion with some effort and narrative and production value ever again? Haha

what exactly does Alastair McKimm offer that makes all these brands want to work with him
He is maybe nice to be around and accommodating and maybe cautious of the brands rather than his own tricks…
Sometimes it’s as simple as that.

I may not like his styling a lot but it’s not overwhelming.

Italians love their Belge... Willy put out some of the best campaigns in 2010s. Nobody has yet topped that CK F/W '18 campaign and some of his old Prada Mens stuff. Technically, he's amazing. Sure he's not warm but Adrian's warm enough for the both of them. And he's not working for any of Adrian's peers so it's a good deal. In a sea of see now buy now photographers I favor the few who've earned their place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->