Moschino Menswear S/S 2025 & Resort 2025 Milan

I think this is a solid debut with the right balance of fun and quirkness. While I like Scott's tenure which brought a lot of fun (even superficial) to the brand, Adrian has the potential to steer the brand to a new direction.

It’s definitely going in a right direction. On an encouraging note, the whimsy is strong and charming, with that combination of Magritte and Duchamp surrealism and even a sense of Miyazaki naive wonderment. At his strongest, I’d even say he’s doing it better than Franco: with the best being the deconstructed women’s suiting that has the suit sleeve’s buttons at the hem of the pant, while the jacket is singel-sleeve-off-the-shoulder; and the final look with all white shirt sleeves creating a skirt that's very Gaultier x Margiela kind of ingenuity. Unfortunate there’s so little of these sparks of goodness. And he runs out of this brand of charm soon. There’s just not much there once the charm of the show is gone and all that’s left are the Uniqlo-esque separates. The men’s is disappointingly infantile overall: Bart Simpson shorts and an XXXL tee isn’t cutting it.

i like it a lot. it has its own energy. the second to last look has nice styling, the white robe with hotel slippers as pockets is really cool.

I know he is a Comme des Garcon collector, so I am getting a bit of that from the first section
My favourite look is the bathrobe with the hotel slipper pockets and the navy polo shirt with multi holes

Right direction with the mood, but this collection is all over the place, what's the theme here?
With Jeremy, you will get fast food fashion, car wash, or barbie, there is a clear direction. Here I get MSGM, I get old Raf, I get Galliano's MM, I get current Marni mixing into one collection...

I like it very much. It’s quirky and relatable! There are some nice pieces. I like the bags, the denim, the outerwear and some of the dresses. I think his Moschino offers more possibilities to play with the brand.

I’m intrigued by the narrative of theme of the collection. Is this about things one can do in Resort or Holidays? Is this about archetypes?

I want to know lol

I like it. That was a great entertaining show.

I like the fact this collection was fun but it doesn't feel too in-your-face, or overly saccharine, which sometimes can be associated with the brand.
The tailoring is great especially look 11, which is my favorite look in the collection.
The styling is great, the bags are cute. The watermelon clutch can be a hit next season. And the duck shoes are going to be an editorial hit.

Overall, a great collection, full of good separates, cute bags and shoes. This is a right direction for Moschino. Good job Adrian.

Not into it.

I had high hopes, and I'll give him more time, but this is pretty pedestrian and unremarkable, if you ask me. Nothing is surprising. More slovenly oversized crap.

There's one or two looks that give a whiff of chic - like the women's blue oxford shirt with the ink-stained pocket worn with the chino skirt...

But aside from that, there is just simply too much going on. Way too many ideas and tricks. It suffers from a lack of editing and focus. I'm not getting any feeling of who he wants his Moschino client to be...unless he wants it to be the same client as every other brand, since it looks like everything else on the market to me. Where's a sense of distinction? For example, the hotel robe with slipper pockets...a fun idea, but it gets lost among the hundred other unrelated ideas here. If it had been Scott, he would have done a whole collection about hotels...

Already missing Jeremy's hilarious, yet inventive, collections.

i wasnt a fan of his debut as it was so controlled in terms of his quirky side. This however is so light, fun and wearable. Its easy to incorporate any of these to your current wardrobe if you just want to have that fun quirky moschino with you. Unlike Scotts moschino which was almost all formal wear to demi couture which would never see the light again after wearing it 1 time. I was a big fan but I could see why it would not work commercially if he was pushing for that type of collections every single time. It would be great at Chanel though.

Im intrigued at which price point they are goign with, with his collections. Hopefully more high street to contemporary than upper tier luxury. Since the quality looks more or less high street.

It’s too oversized! Moschino was super fitted to the body. (Think of Fran D. in The Nanny) I can’t understand the need to move everything over to the Loewe look. In the end it looks sloppy and lazy.

I don't mind this. It's definitely a stronger collection. However, I am on the fence about some of the styling. What makes Moschino unique is the charms of the clothes presented through models. This has all the making of that but it lacks certain charming element.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->