Moschino S/S 06 Milan

MILAN, September 28, 2005 – Honoring the late Franco Moschino's "classico con twist" mantra, the house's creative team continues to serve up serious, well-behaved classics that are always enlivened with a dash of humor. For spring, the Moschino girls stepped through life-size silhouette cutouts that formed the backdrop for their shenanigans in clothes that ransacked the decades. It seemed as though a ponytailed young girl had been let loose on her grandmother's lifetime horde of attic treasures—and had mixed them up with some of her own thrift store trouvailles. She might shrug a shrunken black leather biker's jacket over an oyster satin thirties camisole, or wear her heart-shape Lolita sunglasses with a stiff little sixties A-line evening dress. And how to give a punky edge to those well-behaved chiffon and black lace cocktail frocks? How about clumpy patent platform shoes, licked with fluoro color?

The collection's inventive trompe l'oeil effects included full-skirt fifties garden-party dresses, their hips swagged with prints of chain-link belts, or a writhing mass of pearl necklaces scattered with the real (faux) thing. And the Moschino team not only succumbed to the season's mania for ruffles (in tiers of Coco Chanel-like sequined black tulle, or a frill peeping from the hem of a rigid dress) —it also parodied it, in the form of a plain swing skirt painted with imagined flounces.

– Hamish Bowles

00020m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

:wub:

true, this collection is very much in Franco's spirit..
how much i miss his original humour in design, loved Franco Moschino too much

thanks for the report :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my, those gold shoes! :wub: Love the pants & suspenders ensemble and a couple of skirts & dresses here and there.

I love the review Brian posted. I think this collection is great.

Okay this collection is the sh*t! I love it all. I love those pink shoes. I want a pair. LOL!

Aw this is just cute and fun, without being cheesy or tacky. I like it a lot. :smile:

wow....i am most suprised with my fellow tfs members right now....!!....
you guys never cease to amaze me...!

what am i missing here...?!?....
this looks CHEAP to me....:doh:

perhaps i need to look at the rest of the collection....
but this is like platinum blondes in cheesecake photography wear....:ninja:....
satin and silk and those chains with locks that are printed across skirts and tops...?!!!....

i am definitely missing something......:lol:...

This is my ABSOLUTE favorite collection of spring so far, suprising because I never have liked Moschino. I love the vibe and personality of this collection. I love the runway and how it has cutouts of figures. Like the Vogue review said, the collection looked like a little girl that raided her grandmother's attic and mixed it with contemperary pieces. The first oyster satin dress with the leather jacket and bead necklace was just divine. It's the epitome of what young Hollywood is dressing like now. My favorite piece in the entire collection was the floor-length black evening gown with those flounces. Simply too gorgeous.

The trompe l'oeil is magnificently executed. I love it.

and i just noticed the trompe l'oeil on the backs of those jackets and dresses! how funny and cute....:smile:

I like a lot of it. Maybe because it's so much black and I'm so into black right now.
I also miss Francos touch though...:cry:

i like it!! it's not quite my style.. but it's still very cute. :X

I love this collections it's definately one of the best so far... Lots of fun stuff in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->