Most Upscale Couture Designers

Kitty_Cat

Reaction score
Could some please help me out? Can anyone at all, recommend the best couture
fashion designers?
Thanks in advance.

There aren't exactly many couturiers...

My vote goes for Valentino

I would have to agree with Valentino, as well as Chanel. Lacroix is also a good one, but my fave is Versace. :wink:

The best out of all now is without a doubt, Jean-Paul Gaultier. :heart: Who was christened by the critics as the new "King of Haute Couture" after the great Saint Laurent retired. Second place will be a tie between Chanel and Lacroix. Galliano before, too. :flower:

I have to say Galliano is the best couture designer. He's awesome :woot:

Gaultier Paris has a reputation among the young set for creating perfection for evening wear and a lot of highly laudable daywear. But I believe that among the ladies-who-lunch set, Lacroix is the favorite for evening wear and Chanel is a must for day.

Dior Couture is popular among fashion set like Anna Wintour and also many debutantes turn to Dior because, at the end of the day, no one's quite as fun as Galliano.

Ungaro, Valentino, and, to a lesser degree, Saab enjoy patronage from the Hollywood crowd during awards season.

I hope this helps.

Whoever is doing the work for the revived Balenciaga label. I can't remember the designer's name, but the styles are immediately recognisable. One of the best.

I also adore Zac Posen--the kid's got real talent--he can really handle fabric and seems to have a 6th sense for what looks good on a woman's body.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Jan 18th, 2004 - 8:08 pm
Whoever is doing the work for the revived Balenciaga label. I can't remember the designer's name, but the styles are immediately recognisable. One of the best.

I also adore Zac Posen--the kid's got real talent--he can really handle fabric and seems to have a 6th sense for what looks good on a woman's body.
Both good designers, but not couture designers, which is what this topic is about :flower:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 18th, 2004 - 8:15 pm
can't remember the designer's name
Nicolas Ghesquiere?
Thank you!

Plasticine: I didn't realize they didn't do couture. I am really outside of the loop as regards high fashion. I will pick up a Vogue occasionally, but mainly just for a laugh. I find a lot of fashion interesting, but total fantasyland as far as I am concerned. Even "Bebe" is too expensive for me, and I know they're just a knockoff brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->