My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult

KimberlyAnn

Reaction score
Has anyone read this? I've read a few of her books in the past and I think she's an incredible writer. I am a big train reader (get most of my reading done on my commute into work), and I usually opt for fun books like the Shopaholics etc., but I picked up My Sisters Keeper over the weekend and let me tell you... I can't put it down! I am miserable as the train gets to my stop because I want to continue reading. This morning I was hysterical crying the whole way into work. People were looking at me like I had 3 heads but I didn't care. This book is so touching. This writer really knows how to touch a person. She writes in a way that captivates your mind.

If anyone is looking for a great read, I recommend ANY of Jodi's books... they've all proven to be excellent!!

Anyone else a fan?

I'm a huge fan of her's. Her books are compulsively readable! I love how she's able to deal with complex moral and legal issues with such sensitivity. I've read all her books except for My Sister's Keeper which I haven't gotten to yet (I plan to read it soon!). My favorites are Plain Truth, Second Glance, Perfect Match, Salem Falls, and Keeping Faith. I loved The Pact too, but it made me cry! I liked Mercy but not as much as some of her other stuff. I'd also reccomend, Songs of the Humpback Whale and Harvesting the Heart, which are two of her earlier books. They're a little different from the stuff she's been writing lately, but they're still very good. I do wish that Lifetime would stop making her books into bad movies though!

lostgirl said:
I'm a huge fan of her's. Her books are compulsively readable! I love how she's able to deal with complex moral and legal issues with such sensitivity. I've read all her books except for My Sister's Keeper which I haven't gotten to yet (I plan to read it soon!). My favorites are Plain Truth, Second Glance, Perfect Match, Salem Falls, and Keeping Faith. I loved The Pact too, but it made me cry! I liked Mercy but not as much as some of her other stuff. I'd also reccomend, Songs of the Humpback Whale and Harvesting the Heart, which are two of her earlier books. They're a little different from the stuff she's been writing lately, but they're still very good. I do wish that Lifetime would stop making her books into bad movies though!

YES! The Pact and Perfect Match were great! Those are the only ones I've read. I'll have to pick up some of her others when I'm done with these.

I totally agree about Lifetime... they did a HORRIBLE job on The Pact.

^^^They also brutalized Plain Truth, IMO. Read the book,. do not see the movie!

My Sister's Keeper was so captivating. I read it in one night (well I normally do that anyway..).. It was so sad, very good though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->