Myspace Music

KhaoticKharma

Amour Comme Hiver
Reaction score
Alot of bands have found serious followings on myspace, such as Fall Out Boy and H.I.M (when they first started to get an American following, that is).

Some of the most popular are Augustana, Panic! At the Disco, and Tila Tequila. Is anyone here a fan of said 'myspace phenomenons'?

I don't have myspace or anything but everyone should check out Dr. Dog, they are up and coming and really good, sort of a mix between the beatles and the strokes (lol if that makes any sense).

I've discovered Say Anything from myspace, and they're now one of my favorites ^_^

Essenza is my favorite band I've discovered on MySpace.

KhaoticKharma said:
Alot of bands have found serious followings on myspace, such as Fall Out Boy and H.I.M (when they first started to get an American following, that is).

Some of the most popular are Augustana, Panic! At the Disco, and Tila Tequila. Is anyone here a fan of said 'myspace phenomenons'?

i'm not a fan because i don't have a myspace and refuse to get one, but about everyone at my school loves all those bands you just listed. in fact, they're all going to see a panic! at the disco concert on valentine's day. :shock:

sheep. :doh:

yeah I'm not a myspace person either. I find the whole thing a bit odd. But there are some great bands on there and I do think it's a great forum for unsigned bands. Teddy Thompson, Nizlopi, Left With Pictures and The Footage (the last two being unsigned). All people worth checking out

Yeah, I've gotta say...as an artist, I think MySpace is a really fun way to communicate with fellow artists. It's also a great way to discover new music. I would have never gotten a MySpace otherwise. I don't really see the appeal of having a normal page; I'd rather get a more journal-oriented page on Xanga or something if I was into that.

peacelover142002 said:
i'm not a fan because i don't have a myspace and refuse to get one, but about everyone at my school loves all those bands you just listed. in fact, they're all going to see a panic! at the disco concert on valentine's day. :shock:

sheep. :doh:

Aw.. :lol: Well I got one when only a few people of my town had it..and I wanted to look at my best friend's pictures. From then on, it got outta control :doh: but I refuse to be a typical myspacer. Say Anything is really one of the only "popular-by-myspace" bands I like, plus--I heard of them before and wanted to hear more. I'm not into FOB or Panic! At the Disco..Tila Tequila etc.

I like myspace for music too. I found that band modern girlfriends on it. They're quite cool.

I discovered Rilo Kiley on myspace. Now I listen to them nonstop.

Ah... Myspace. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. I like the idea behind it. I think the affects it will have on the masses isn't even an afterthought yet.

But what it's doing is very good. Myspace is a lot easier and more accessable than mp3.com or whatnot (does it even exist anymore?) It can give a more personal aspect of the band and it gives them a level arena to play in, where as commercial radio and record stores are all hard monopolies to break into. On Myspace, the local band has just as much exposure potential as Metallica, the the beauty is in the eye of the listener.

There was an article in Wired magazine where they interviewed the guys responsible for Myspace and it was saying something along the lines where Myspace may eventually have as much pop culture influence as MTV one day, only with a quality of music you decide upon.

Time to get off my soapbox... :unsure:

I guess I just got into it along with getting a myspace. It's great for giving acess to bands that one certainly wouldn't hear otherwise. My friend was listening to Panic! for months before I saw "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" on MTV2. The band I am loving at the moment, however, is definatly hellogoodbye!

Is there anyway to download or upload music from/to Myspace yourself? i can't find some songs i want from limewire :ninja:

I have discovered so many of my now favorite bands via my space .. found out about gigs etc. i love :heart: myspace from a music point of view

check out .. connecting flight .. my friends band they are amaizing :heart: :smile:

and not forgeting our very own alexN :wink: :kiss:

I found some cool artists at MySpace. I have recently just found Leon Jean Marie and I am completely hooked now! ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->