Nadya Vall

Discussion in 'Femmes' started by Hoother, Apr 1, 2011.

1. DiChi

DiChi New Member

2. Hoother

Hoother Active Member

The description from the video:

3. Toeps

Toeps New Member

Lol, tell me how that was nót scripted by that creepy owner of Noah Models.

4. Toeps

Toeps New Member

Although I agree with her that the modeling industry and the Japanese agency was portrayed in a very bad way. That scout Ashley was talking about how modeling could lead to prostitution (WTF?!), it was not made clear why the girls didn't make any money (while the Japanese driver tried to explain in poor English: The girls need pictures for their book), and they failed to explain the concept of being "in debt" with your agency, so the whole movie theatre I was in, was shocked when the final titles said: "Nadya left Japan with a debt of X-thousand dollars". Everyone in the audience was thinking she had to refund that, which is of course not true.

5. asiangirl04

asiangirl04 New Member

Nadya is a great model.

Japanese agencies always offer the model a gross guarantee. (The gross guarantee is mostly between 10 - 12 thousand for a new face. The models flight ticket, pocket money, apartment, book, prints, the agency commission and the mother agencies commission will be deducted from the gross) The new faces leave Tokyo mostly with 500 - 1000 $. The model and mother agency isn't responsible for the models debts ….

6. ~Gia~

~Gia~ Member

Just finished watching this documentary. That Ashley lady gave me the creeps, but I also felt sorry for her. The whole thing creeped me out actually.

7. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Member

I really do hope for Nadya that she'll suceed with what she wants to do and gains "independence", as her grandmother wished!

8. LuellaLuella

LuellaLuella Active Member

Firstly her name is spelt incorrectly, I doubt she'd spell her own name wrong, it can't be her. This description is exactly how the 'Tigre' guy from the video speaks. As if him and his agency is saving thousands of kids' lives and that they need to be protected from sexual predators. He actual spoke in the documentary about how modelling is better than young girls 'spreading their legs from rich men'. She's only just 14, I highly highly doubt she would speak like that, even in Russian. It's so disgusting how these 12/13 y olds are sent thousands of miles from home, alone, to be used by these companies who know young girls can be easily manipulated, and most of the shoots they do are inappropriate for their age, like the smoking one above, or the underwear one on Noah's site, or in the doc where he showed a girl who was going to be '13 in October' who was wearing a top and basically underwear. :doh:
    Nadya would do great on runway if she waited a few years and was handled by a good agency.

#28 LuellaLuella, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by moderator xoxlovable68xox: Oct 30, 2012
  9. misspistol

misspistol Active Member

Absolutely agree, the only person who came off as a sexual predator was the agent who talked about saving little girls from spreading their legs. Just awful.
    I really hope Nadya has some success, she's a beautiful, ethereal little creature and her family are just adorable.

10. ssgghh

ssgghh New Member

Even if the film was edited so that everything looks worse than it is , the facts still remain. They could not have staged the fact that a thirteenyearold, in fact at least 2 of them, were sent to Japan on their own, not picked up on the airport, they did not realize what was going on due to their age, cried, one of them didnt even understand basic words like "book" in english,got in to debth for whatever reason (id say their age) and quit school.

11. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

12. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Member

13. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Member

Yes, that's also true. I think that weakens the rather good and very critical docu a lot: Either the producers didn't know how the concept of "being in debt" with your agency works, or the intentionally misrepresented it. That's a shame, otherwise the documentary would have been much stronger!

14. HerveLeDuc

HerveLeDuc Member

#34 HerveLeDuc, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by moderator alexseo: Jan 22, 2014