Narciso Rogriguez's Design Studio

stylegurrl

Reaction score
Today I had the great fortune of being able to tour Narciso's design studio in NYC. The tour was part of Open House New York, a yearly event which provides New Yorkers with access to spaces, buildings etc. that are not normally open to the public.

We met the architects who worked with Narciso to design the studio. The firm is called Calvert Wright Architecture. The space is minimally decorated yet lovely. It has high ceilings and many windows that allow for the use of natural light. The color scheme is black and white. When you first walk in there is a large photo of Carmen Kass from a recent ad campaign (she has her hair in a braid). We were able to see the samples from his latest collection, the fabrics used, toiles, sketches and inspiration photos. We were also shown the archive room and got to see some of the vintage garments used by Narciso and his team for inspiration.

We were told that Narciso is currently planning for his next collection and is in Europe sourcing fabrics. He is planning a men's line and working to expand the shoe line.

Below is a photo from the OHNY guidebook. The website for the architecture firm is under construction but should be online soon. It will be www.spatialdiscipline.com.

enews_narciso_runway.jpg

Awesome. That sounds like an amazing experience.

That's wonderful, thanks so much for posting about it :flower:

oh stylegurrl...i read about that event and thought of going myself...thank you so much for the firsthand report...sounds very cool...

wish i had been more motivated...

where's the studio?..is it on bond st?... :flower:

wow, sounds amazing... thanks for posting this stylegurrl :flower: he's one of my absolute faves.

he's coming to neiman's in november for a trunk show...i'm so excited!!

Thank you for your replies :blush: :flower:

I really wanted to see what a designer's workspace was actually like and I was so happy to be able to have the experience.

SG, the studio is on Irving Place right across from Irving Plaza.

Kimair, could you please tell me which Neimans is he going to?

thanks for sharing

ot: my fave designer's studio is Maison Martin Margiela, beyond beautiful

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Oct 11 2004, 04:10 PM
SG, the studio is on Irving Place right across from Irving Plaza.
[snapback]394002[/snapback]​

oh wow!...i'm surprised...thanks again! :flower:

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Oct 11 2004, 04:10 PM
Thank you for your replies :blush: :flower:

I really wanted to see what a designer's workspace was actually like and I was so happy to be able to have the experience.

Kimair, could you please tell me which Neimans is he going to?
[snapback]394002[/snapback]​

it's the neiman's in SF on Union Square...the date is November 4 i believe.

there was a piece about narciso's space in interior design magazine..can't remember what issue off the top of my head, but i know they do a fashion issue every year. i think it was march or april 2003.

Originally posted by kimair@Oct 11 2004, 05:12 PM
it's the neiman's in SF on Union Square...the date is November 4 i believe.

there was a piece about narciso's space in interior design magazine..can't remember what issue off the top of my head, but i know they do a fashion issue every year. i think it was march or april 2003.
[snapback]394063[/snapback]​

Thank you :flower: Unfortunately, I am on the opposite side of the county and won't be able to make it :lol:

A friend of mine reads Interior Design magazine. I'll ask her if she still has that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->