Nastasia Ohl

Fashion East ss11 - London
2irur87.jpg

style

PONY RYDER: Nastasia. Is your name inspired by your Eastern European roots? Your roots are quite a mix!

NASTASIA OHL:
Yes, my name is Russian and inspired from my dad who is Russian and German. My last name is also German.

PONY RYDER: How did you get into modeling?

NASTASIA OHL:
I got into modeling after I grew a bit in high school. I originally got the idea into my head when I met a model in Whole Foods when I was younger ( about 9), then when I grew I sent my pictures in to some agencies in New York.

PONY RYDER: You are coming from Florida. How do you handle humidity?

NASTASIA OHL:
Well Florida is very humid yes, but I live nearby the beach so the ocean breeze is nice and makes it cooler. Actually this heat stroke in New York is much warmer than the Florida weather I am used to.

PONY RYDER: Have you ever seen an alligator?
NASTASIA OHL: I have never seen an alligator actually! They mostly stay in the everglades.

PONY RYDER: What about Miami Vice, do you know that show?

NASTASIA OHL:
Well I have heard about this show but ever actually watched it, haha. I think it is a bit different than what Miami actually is like.

PONY RYDER: Except your wonderful green eyes, one of your signatures is your hair? It seems wild!

NASTASIA OHL:
Well my hair is crazy curly but I love it.

X
I use a lot of Tigi Bed head products like Curls Rock shampoo and conditioner also Bed Head After party sometimes. During fashion week I like to use hair masks to keep it healthy.

PONY RYDER: Is it true that you were handpicked by Karl Lagerfeld for your first Chanel couture show in Paris?
X
X
NASTASIA OHL: I have no idea exactly how I was picked for the Chanel Couture show in Paris.
x
I went to a Chanel casting and Karl was there and it was so cool to meet him because he is such an amazing person in the world of fashion.

PONY RYDER: Do you travel light?
NASTASIA OHL:
I actually don’t travel light at all!

I like to bring everything with me so its hard for me to pack for fashion week, being away for all that time.I have to narrow it all down so that I don’t pay overweight fees on the planes though!

PONY RYDER: You are busy doing casting and shows at the moment, so we won’t bother you 2 much. Just tell us, what are your casting essentials!

NASTASIA OHL: Well for me I always bring some type of tote bag for my bag and shoes, right now I am carrying the one from the BCBG casting haha.

I also carry my Marc by Marc purse, my casting shoes from TOPSHOP and a granola bar for snacks in between fittings.

PONY RYDER: You get a chance to snack? Cool. What do you like to “snack”?

NASTASIA OHL:
I like to make time for snacking, yes.
I like Z-bars and Kind bars as well. Also Coconut water is really refreshing, especially in this hot weather.

PONY RYDER: Tell us more about your personal style, what are your favorite locations for shopping?

NASTASIA OHL:
Well I LOVE Topshop! I made a couple stops to the one in Oxford Circus when I was in London.

I also mix in vintage finds with stuff from Zara, Mango, Forever 21 and H&M.

I wear a lot of black because it goes with everything, and I like studs, lace and skulls. I’m a huge fan of Alexander McQueen, I also love Givenchy and Chanel.

PONY RYDER: So black dominates your wardrobe?

NASTASIA OHL: My wardrobe is mostly made up of black and also gray/ silver. I also have some colored things I wear in the summer.

PONY RYDER: What are you wearing on this picture (up)?
NASTASIA OHL:
In the picture I am wearing vintage Gaultier, H&M, my zara boots and American Apparel leggings.

PONY RYDER: Your favorite jeans brand?
NASTASIA OHL:
My favorite jeans brand is Twenty8twelve

PONY RYDER: You definitely stand out in a crowd! You ruled that Benetton ad last season. Do you try to stand out when you pose with a group of models?

NASTASIA OHL:
Oh thanks! Well when we shot Benettton I got to know the other models on set over the course of the shoot, so it was easy to pose with everyone because we all became friends.

I felt this great vibe during Benetton, I loved the team and I think you could see it in the group shots, the way that everyone got along so nicely.

PONY RYDER: You are in the Urban Outfitters lookbook! Do you wear it personally?

NASTASIA OHL: I have a bunch of Urban stuff that I wear actually, so its cool I get to work for a brand that I’m a fan of! When I shot for them I got to see all the new stuff they were coming out with also.

PONY RYDER: How do you stay in shape?
NASTASIA OHL:
I am a pretty active person so I stay in shape with bikram yoga mostly and also I run occasionally.

PONY RYDER: Does Yoga also help you to stay emotionally grounded and calm?
NASTASIA OHL:
Yoga is nice because it helps me to relax and stay peaceful. It also improves my flexibility and helps to maintain focus.

PONY RYDER: What do you eat for breakfast?
NASTASIA OHL: I eat all different things for breakfast.

I like eggs, oatmeal or cereal if I am in a rush. Breakfast is an important meal because it gets you going in the morning.

PONY RYDER: What is your favorite cereal taste?
NASTASIA OHL: I’m not a fan of sweet cereals so I like either corn flakes or cheerios.

PONY RYDER: Do you seriously eat beans on a toast?
NASTASIA OHL:
Yes I do! My friend turned me onto it when I was in London and I’m actually obsessed. It’s very good you should try it!

PONY RYDER: How do you like European food? Do you prefer it more in Milan or Paris?
NASTASIA OHL:
I like both but personallyI like French food more because I enjoy macaroons and some of the things from French bakeries.

PONY RYDER: We know you like lemonade. Do you put sugar in it?
NASTASIA OHL:
Yumm lemonade is very good especially on a hot day. I do put sugar in it to make it sweet and nice.

PONY RYDER: How do you maintain your skin?

NASTASIA OHL: I maintain my skin as best as I can, especially during shows.

I have a mixed skin type so I use Clarins cleanser, witch Hazel cleanser, and Chanel moisturizer.

PONY RYDER: Do make up artists moisturize your skin before they apply make up?
NASTASIA OHL: Yes, most of the artists moisturize my skin before the makeup, which is nice.

x
x
PONY RYDER: Did you notice the products they usually use?

NASTASIA OHL: A lot of them use Chanel moisturizer as well, Elizabeth Arden or Embryolisse lait crème.

PONY RYDER: Teenage crush?
NASTASIA OHL:
Chace Crawford.

PONY RYDER: What makes you happy in autumn?
NASTASIA OHL:
I love walking through the park on a cool autumn day, especially Union Square and maybe having some warm apple cider.

source: PR

Marithé & François Girbaud ss11 - Paris (HQ)

style.it

saw at the stores today that she has an ed in zoo magazine!

cxzzx.jpg

vbcbv.jpg

vcvc.jpg

nik hartley

She's currently in LA and repped by Hollywood Model Management for the next month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->