Need help finding a bday present for my gf

Gogotu

Reaction score
Hi! Not really a regular in this forum, but was hoping to get some suggestions. My gf is really into purses, jewelry, etc... Stuff that this forum is about. Her bday is coming up soon. Originally I was going to get her a balenciaga bag, but there aren't any avail. I'm not a rich man by any means, but she's pretty special to me. I might be able to pull off $2,000, but $1,500 is more realistic... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I moved this because I thought you might get more responses in this thread or the purse thread. I hope you find something here or at least get an idea. :flower:

oh wow. $1500? :o
you should be my boyfriend! :D hehe just kidding.

back to the topic...

i need more info on your gf...
how old is she?
what kind of brands does she like?
how does she usually dress? etc.

If she's a fan of Balenciaga, then she'd probably be very pleased with a Chloe bag as a replacement since the Balenciaga's not available. There's a good selection at Net-a-Porter.com. The easiest way to get to the Chloe Bags on this site is to search by designer, select Chloe & then bags. The silverado and paddington bags seem to be all the rage now and I personally think the chain and leather shoulder bag is GORGEOUS!!
Good luck! I'm sure she'll love whatever you get her. She's a lucky girl!! Welcome to tFS!

What kind of style does she got??

You could try ebay, for Balenciaga, there are few-but some reliable sellers there.

It is sooo cute of you to spend that amount of money on her! :heart:

Wow. Into polygamy? :wink: Hehe.. JK. But yes, we do need more info on her. Age, style, designers she currently wears?

cloud9 said:
oh wow. $1500? :o
you should be my boyfriend! :D hehe just kidding.

back to the topic...

i need more info on your gf...
how old is she?
what kind of brands does she like?
how does she usually dress? etc.

She's going to be 23. She likes LV, Dior, sometimes Juicy, Tiffany Co, Tod's, Gucci, and stuff that I wouldnt know like anything that's a "fashion cult item"
She dresses pretty casual most of the time... pretty wide range of brands, crap load of diesel jeans and clothes, rock and republic?, triple 5 soul, Ted Baker, Burberry, Lacoste, AF, alot of stuff on website like shopbop.com etc...

The thing is she already has everything. These are just the items off of my head...She has like 5 random LV purses, LV epi planner and wallet, purse, Burberry purse and wallet, juicy purse, dior purse, bunch of tiffany jewelry, michele watches, gucci ring, too many necklaces. Like 50 pairs of shoes. I don't knw anything about fashion except for buying them for her, she already has a really nice digital camera and new cell phone too...

She's been talking about this brand called folly follie jewelry (sp?) but I can't find that either... Only thing I know she wants as of now is "dangling earrings", a pinky ring, and the balenciaga bag.

I hope you guys got an idea of what she likes... and thanks again for your help.

BTW thanks for moving the post for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I say get her a new piece of jewellery. I think a nice designer watch or something classic.

Get her a Balenciaga bag, that's what I'd want... :heart:

First off you are super sweet for taking the time to post here for refrences to possible gifts. Secondly, I would suggest a Juicy charm bracelet- they are around $350-400.. the ones loaded with charms. You can get them at Nordstrom, Saks, and Neimans that I know of. She sounds lux and laid back- so I would reccomend that if you cant get a hold of that bag that you are looking for.

<shameless plug>

check our blog. there is tons of cute bags well below the price range that you are planning to invest, and I am sure you can find something.

</shameless plug>

Found out that she likes these 2 bracelets:

1. Gucci Icon Bracelet in white gold w/ leather lace
2. Hermes Kelly Wrap bracelet.

I'll get one of these as part of her present... now which one do you guys think is "cooler" and where can I find the Hermes one if I decide to go with that? Hermes in SF doesn't have it and they don't know when they'll be getting it in...

Sorry for being so demanding, I just want to get her the perfect present and don't want to drop a bunch of money on fake ones on some of the online stores.

Thanks again!!

Jewelery and shoes are always nice, If you cant settle on one thing why not make a gift basket with a bunch of stuff in it,
I would get a bracelet, purse, and like 9 gift cards and stuff the purse and have the gift cards poking out the top that way she can go get what she wants and you still thought of something origional.
If not a purse then do a basket and put some cool stuff in there, Does she like La Perla? expensive underwear is always nice also. Or you can do a bunch of small gifts so that way its like Christmas!

Gogotu said:
She's going to be 23. She likes LV, Dior, sometimes Juicy, Tiffany Co, Tod's, Gucci, and stuff that I wouldnt know like anything that's a "fashion cult item"
She dresses pretty casual most of the time... pretty wide range of brands, crap load of diesel jeans and clothes, rock and republic?, triple 5 soul, Ted Baker, Burberry, Lacoste, AF, alot of stuff on website like shopbop.com etc...

The thing is she already has everything. These are just the items off of my head...She has like 5 random LV purses, LV epi planner and wallet, purse, Burberry purse and wallet, juicy purse, dior purse, bunch of tiffany jewelry, michele watches, gucci ring, too many necklaces. Like 50 pairs of shoes. I don't knw anything about fashion except for buying them for her, she already has a really nice digital camera and new cell phone too...

She's been talking about this brand called folly follie jewelry (sp?) but I can't find that either... Only thing I know she wants as of now is "dangling earrings", a pinky ring, and the balenciaga bag.

I hope you guys got an idea of what she likes... and thanks again for your help.

BTW thanks for moving the post for me!

http://www.follifollie.com :flower:

what about an mp3 player? and a cool case to go with it?
(burberry / juicy / coach? )

if you cant find the balenciaga bag, im sure you can at least get their pouch or their wallet. (both in the same moto style, with brass studs and tassels etc)

she sounds like a gucci kinda girl.. what about something like this?

NMV3238_mh.jpg
NMV3237_mh.jpg
(neiman m)

oh by the way i think this is the juicy charm bracelet someone suggested.
26218_fpx.tif

Gogotu said:
Found out that she likes these 2 bracelets:

1. Gucci Icon Bracelet in white gold w/ leather lace
2. Hermes Kelly Wrap bracelet.

I'll get one of these as part of her present... now which one do you guys think is "cooler" and where can I find the Hermes one if I decide to go with that? Hermes in SF doesn't have it and they don't know when they'll be getting it in...

Sorry for being so demanding, I just want to get her the perfect present and don't want to drop a bunch of money on fake ones on some of the online stores.

Thanks again!!

id say hermes.
is the kelly bracelet the H bracelet? im not too familiar with hermes jewerly.
last time i walked into a hermes boutique (seoul) they had tons of bracelets in their store. im sure the SF boutique and call around and hunt down the bracelet you want. :smile:

cloud9 said:
id say hermes.
is the kelly bracelet the H bracelet? im not too familiar with hermes jewerly.
last time i walked into a hermes boutique (seoul) they had tons of bracelets in their store. im sure the SF boutique and call around and hunt down the bracelet you want. :smile:
no, actually i believe the kelly bracelet is the one that wraps around and looks like the locked strap thing on the kelly bags. i think it's actually called the kelly dog bracelet.

Dear Gogotu,

I private messaged you some ideas on how to buy authentic Balenciaga.

Hope this helps!

candicec

try calling Balenciaga New York. they should still have a few black classique in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->