Need some help

Kristina

Reaction score
I have a problem with my makeup. I have redness on my cheeks and combination skin (oily t-zone). I've tried many things but haven't found anything that works really well.
If I just use foundation and powder it doesn't cover up the redness well. I've tried foundations from MAC, Clinique, Max Factor and Lancome but it's the same result with everything. Now I have a concealer from MAC that covers it up really well and a powder foundation over that (Studio Finish and Studio Fix). But it looks cakey like when you put on to much foundation. And after a while my face starts looking greasy, and if I put on more of the powder foundation it just looks horrible and smeared out.
Do you have any tips of what I can do or any good products? What do you use yourselves?

for the oil (without adding layers or cakey pressed powder) clean and clear oil absorbing sheets-i'm a huge advocate of these. As far as foundation, i'd say go to the prescriptives counter and get a custom color made up with some added green to counteract the redness, these guys are pros at this, and they can adjust to the amount of coverage you need. It'll be expensive but its totally worth it- it's gonna be the perfect foundation. All you need on top of that is a sheer loose powder. I hope that helped good luck.

Ah i just noticed your from Scandinavia, do they have custom places like prescriptives?

I don't have much money now but I will ask the staff in the makeupstore if they can mix me one. Think I'm gonna try those sheets. Thanks :flower:

Hi Kristina,

What I suggest you do is buy MAC's selected cover-up in green. It's very fluid and can easily be mixed with your foundation of choice.
If your redness is topical (just located a few places) what you could do instead is the following:

Take a little bit of MAC's selected cover-up in green put it on your hand and apply a tiny bit of it with a fine brush to the redness..make sure it is just a very fine layer. Then apply your foundation.

On the shinny t-zone I'd apply MAC's blot powder, its very fine and wont leave your face cakey.

:flower:

I have a little question Hanne, do you have any suggestions of what foundation I should use?

That really depends on the coverage you want

I have a combinated skintype as well and use different foundations to suit my mood.

I like Elizabeth Ardens Flawless Finish Make up spf 8 its light and has a light/medium coverage and best of all Arden makes it in a colour that suits me.

Don't settle of a foundation that has all the right qualities except the right shade!

If your looking for a flawless looking face..my holy grail is Laura Mercier's (in Sweden you can buy it at [font=arial,helvetica]COW Parfymeri - Stockholm Master Samuelsgatan 9
Stockholm 111 44 phone : 46 8 6111 504
[/font]) moisturizing foundation (there is an oil free version but unless your skin is VERY oily I wouldn't go for that one).
The reason why I don't use this all the time is that takes time to apply..but once its applied its GORGEOUS..you can't tell its there and you can't see any flaws on your skin. The downer is that you really need the Laura Mercier foundation primer and LM isn't cheap :doh: ..so I'd suggest you ask the sales assistent if she would mind applying the make up so you have an idea if you like it enough to splash on the products :flower:
Here's the link to Laura Mercier : http://www.lauramercier.com/

Apart from those two I've heard a lot of good stuff about Chanels foundations ..the Vita Lumiere one and the Double Perfection fluid.

A good help would be to check out reviews on : http://www.makeupalley.com

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another product you maybe should have a look at is : Lancome Transparent Base de Teint (Make up Base) in light mauve (that's like a very pale lilac) .. it's a new product so it might not be out in Scandinavia yet ( I saw it in London but not yet in Copenhagen).

From Lancome.com :
Like a secret that is as effective as it is invisible for a complexion as fresh as morning dew, this base works miracles. The ultra-lightweight formula leaves a veil of light on the skin to enhance the complexion and conceal imperfections.
I think it would be useful if your looking for a milky complexion (it even outs skin differences)..but absolutely not worth your money if your going for a more sporty, glowy, bronzy look. :flower:

Thank you so much for your help! I will start by trying the MAC cover up and the LM foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->