Problem Skin!

pradagirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I have mild eczema, so 1 day my skin is perfect and the next day my skin is dry, red and HORRIBLE! i use mac powder/foundation and sometimes i have to draw in the ends of my eyebrows :( its terrible! and im only 14 so i have problems at school, i use a pescribed moisturiser which really does the job, but on a dry skin day i get depressed! :cry: i use strong creams that work but the next day its terribly dry and i dont have time to exfoliate my skin.

Any tips for how i should apply my makeup? and should i change the products i use?Any ideas to make my skin look a little waken up?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Just before school starts in 2 weeks :cry:

Thankyou! :flower:
I use:

mac studio powder/foundation NC35
Lancome flextencils/Mac Pro lash/Clinique Long pretty lashes/Double lash (depending on my mood) :ninja:
Eight hour cream on lips
Dior addict (sometimes) A Bite of Toffee
Mac Black eye liner
Some times bobby brown essentials eyeshadow in taupe

Hilary

Originally posted by pradagirl@Jan 20th, 2004 - 8:18 am
Any ideas to make my skin look a little waken up?

you could try Strobe Cream from Mac and/or switch to a liquid foundation for those"dry skin days"

hi pradagirl. i had eczema before on my hands when I went to Paris. My dermatologist prescribed TRIAMCINOLONE and after a few days it was gone. You may want to put that on at night as it is really greasy for daytime use. My cousin works as a med assistant at a derm clinic. She used ELIDEL when she had eczema. I suggest you ask your dermatologist. Im not sure if Stuio fix is a good choice for dry skin. Since it's powdery... it'll probably make ur face look drier.

so do you think i should switch to foundation on dry days?
what do you recommend?

Originally posted by pradagirl@Jan 21st, 2004 - 2:36 am
so do you think i should switch to foundation on dry days?
what do you recommend?
Diorskin

might also want to try shu uemura's water in cake foundation. i bought it when my skin was really dry from retin-A and the winter weather. i liked how it made my skin look less dry.

I have a friend who has bad eczema. Always... I gave her some oil made of rosehip and it has worked like a charm (well, the eczema will never be totally gone, but she's doing much better).
This oil is used by surgeons and other doctors to heal the skin after surgical procedures, after your skin is burnt (but I mean seriously burn, not just sun burnt), etc.

I burned my leg with the escape of a motorbike when I was about 16 y.o. and I don't have a SINGLE mark left... And I gave some of this oil to a friend of my bf's mom who had skin cancer and had bad scars from the operations plus a lot of pain. Her skin has improved a lot and the pain is way less. The reason why this oil works is because it regenerates the skin.
You need to get really pure oil, though...

Let me know if you want some. I'd be happy to send you a bit for you to try, since it's not easy to get. I get it from a pharmaceutical lab who produces it because my uncle is a biologist.

As for the dry days, you'd better get a heavy moisturizer and use a light foundation. The reason for this, is that eczema gets sometimes a bit flaky. If you use a heavy foundation, it will just stick to the dry patches and they will look more obvious. And make sure to carry a little pot with moisturizer around for those days. My friend does that and it helps her.

Good luck,

Sofia

One more thing! You might wantto skip powder during those days as well...

Sofia

Hi Ribes!

Do you think you could send me the rosehip oil?
I would be happy to pay for that
Thanks for the replies! It helped A LOT!
&i wont be using studio fix

Hilary

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->