need yr opinion about A.P.C

My answers to your specific questions:

1) Impression of the brand: decent quality basics. Impression of the designer: accidental fashion designer with a bit of an ego.

2) Marketing strategy: well done. Good models, nice production values on the campaigns. I like how they incorporate music references into the clothes, it gives the brand some street cred. They seem to focus a lot of attention on their mail-order business.

3) The stores look deliberately undesigned. Just clean, cozy looking spaces with wood flooring and simple, industrial style fixtures. The staff are not particularly friendly and they will not help you unless you ask them a question. They always look kind of bored and jaded. The music is always well chosen.

4) I think the women's collection is too masculine and it sometimes seems that the women's pieces are just the men's pieces retooled. The shoes are always pretty good, but again, sometimes borderline masculine or granny-style. I liked the plastic sunglasses they did for Fall '04 and Spring '05, but whew, they were super overpriced for the quality. If you are already stylish, ie. have a great haircut and wear good accessories, these clothes will look good walking down the street.

I like most things about the brand, as far as I've experienced so far. Good basics, but cut like high end clothing. A photo of a blazer may look just like GAP, but when you try it on, its very different.

The advertisement and promotion looks great, from my position as a design student, but from my position as a consumer, the low popularity makes it quite hard to get a hold of, for me its a 2 hour journey away, either in Paris or London.

The shops aren't great, but then I have never liked an up-market clothes shop in my life. I like places full of clothes, with lots of other people, where you can search through piles and piles and try on lots. In APC it feels a bit like your every movement is being watched. The sales staff aren't too helpful, and the selection isn't big either. Its difficult to just go in and find what you want in your size, which is something I certainly want to be able to do, at least for basics.

Maybe the diffrent feel is more a state of mind? If you like APC maybe you'd like NFarhi

hey, all of yr precious oppinions really really give me a hand to finish my homework!!
thanks everyone!!!

i knew that jean touitou had collaborated with other designers like anna sui, mike fed and x-girl. but is that he invited those designers to design somethings new for his label or what??

and is that apc just like agnes. b that they don't have special promotion??( is that most of the french brand don't use this market strategy??)

also, does anyone have the advertiment of apc that feature lou dillion??cos i think that advertiment is quite sucessful to catch the media eyes!!!so i want ot have it to be shown in my power point!!!

can someone translate it in english for me?
'Atelier de Production et de Creation'
thx!!

screenage said:
Maybe the diffrent feel is more a state of mind? If you like APC maybe you'd like NFarhi

I'd advise to go a step up and go with either 'day' or 'john smedley' :smile:

sound said:
can someone translate it in english for me?
'Atelier de Production et de Creation'
thx!!

'Workshop of production and creation'. I'd guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->