Nensi Dojaka S/S 2023 London

I respect her, but I have to say, when I finally felt one of her “core” dresses last month at DSMNY, I was in shock at how much you were paying for a piece that feels on par to a slip you could get at.... Victoria Secret.

I respect her, but I have to say, when I finally felt one of her “core” dresses last month at DSMNY, I was in shock at how much you were paying for a piece that feels on par to a slip you could get at.... Victoria Secret.
Are we surprised? Most of her clothes are made out of polyester, nylon and viscose.

It all looks like there isn't enough to the pieces because of how sparse it is. Like there was a strict fabric budget so each piece needed to use as little fabric as possible. The gathering uses the minimum "max" amount to gather, the trains on those gowns look wan, and the jackets have a boxiness that would make it easier to lay the pattern pieces out to reduce waste.

A collection like this needs more impactful pieces to keep the eye drawn in because right now, her pieces just look as sickly as usual.

The cast and the clean vibe of the makeup and runway help steer it away from complete vulgarity, elegant it is not but I’ve seen worse. Still, these are clothes in which any tiny wardrobe malfunction could turn catastrophic, since there’s so little fabric to cover you up.

I agree with @Cocteau Stone that the measliness of the gathered pieces gives the impression of her wanting to keep her fabric budget under the strictest of limits.

I dont care what anybody says... Im sure i could wear one of these and that makes me happy, a bit at least☺️☺️☺️

Remember the wave of emerging London designers in the mid 2000s whose collections were all build around cocktail dresses, like Marios Schwab, Peter Pilotto or Mary Katrantzou? The fact that her runway shows are similarly build gives me a vague déjà-vu of that time when somebody must have obviously told the designers fresh off from graduation that women apparently spend all their days hanging out at cocktail receptions.

That being said, her vision is incredibly limited and 2D to the point where a placement at La Perla designing an edgy 'image' collection would be the most befitting future for her...

Remember the wave of emerging London designers in the mid 2000s whose collections were all build around cocktail dresses, like Marios Schwab, Peter Pilotto or Mary Katrantzou? The fact that her runway shows are similarly build gives me a vague déjà-vu of that time when somebody must have obviously told the designers fresh off from graduation that women apparently spend all their days hanging out at cocktail receptions.

The fact that none of these designers are in the high fashion scene anymore depresses me a bit.

Still, these are clothes in which any tiny wardrobe malfunction could turn catastrophic, since there’s so little fabric to cover you up.
I don't expect you to know this but from experience, it takes one look to know this calls for the use of tape lol, so imo it ends up being safer than less adventurous tops.

I bought one of her tops in a rush not long ago, not for how it feels, but how it looks and I kind of consider it.. a successful purchase? hah, it's not underwear, that's not the point. I do think this looks positively underfunded.. I get more Christopher Kane vibes, not sure what he's up to these days but remember when the guy couldn't make a pair of trouser to save his life? it was all one silly 'collection' of dresses with a seasonal theme.

She may break out of this, find a way to finance this (maybe cut down on instagram models or having a 'big name' open your show?), or maybe this is as good as it gets, I really don't have much hope in anyone in fashion anymore, but some of her pieces provide short-lived fun, all everyone seems to want to do..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->