new couture nominees for the future

McQueen, definitely.

I was in Brown Thomas in Dublin yesterday and I went in to see his clothes. Oh my god, orgasmical!

Olivier Theyskens does couture, so no need to wish for him.

I don't think Chalayan is right for couture, despite him being probably the most creative designer alive - I agree with travolta's sentiments there.

I would love to see Junya Watanabe do couture as well, but I think some of his creations for RTW (just like McQueen's) parallel that.

I'd like to see Ann Demeulemeester try couture actually - she could take the gothic queen to the MAX :woot:

do u have to be nominated by a council or soemthing to do it or u the designers just "do it"? from the replies, couture seems to be the expensive all traditional, all exclusive fashion. am i right?

olivier does not do couture, he does high end ready to wear.it would be nice to get the names of smaller labels/younger designers. as the change must and will come from them

j´adore dior said:
now there are about 250 women in the world that buy famous designers couture creations, such as valentino, chanel, dior, lacroix, gaultier, givenchy and so on

Really!? :o

I'd love to see a couture collection from S Kolosaki.

zamb said:
olivier does not do couture, he does high end ready to wear.it would be nice to get the names of smaller labels/younger designers. as the change must and will come from them

yes he does. i read about it myself.

olivier theyskens does not do couture, maybe you dont know what couture is,or what qualifies as couture, i think he would be a wonderful couturier and in a certain sense of the word he is (in the sense that he has the ability to cut,sew and fit the garments himself), but his work for rochas is not couture, and i dont know of him working for another house, be careful what you read my friend. by the way, where did you read that?

zamb said:
olivier theyskens does not do couture, maybe you dont know what couture is,or what qualifies as couture, i think he would be a wonderful couturier and in a certain sense of the word he is (in the sense that he has the ability to cut,sew and fit the garments himself), but his work for rochas is not couture, and i dont know of him working for another house, be careful what you read my friend. by the way, where did you read that?
Perhaps what Faust meant is that Theyskens produces custom pieces AKA Couture in addition, like McQueen, they dont have a Couture show but they do make Couture.

zamb said:
i dont know if you can find on the internet, a set of rules that govern haute couture, maybe you would have to contact the chambre syndecale for such a list. I don't believe that zippers are forbidden as i have seen couture garments with zippers (although they were handstitched). also, as a person who knows about sewing i am convinced that sewing machines are used in certain areas of these garments. one thing i know though, i will present a collection of partially hand made garments during the couture week in paris, whether it will be well recieved by the press and the governing authorities i dont know............at least i will be able to add it to my list of personal accomplishments.

http://www.modeaparis.com/va/index.html

zamb said:

In W. And I think I know what couture is, thank you very much.

Diorling said:
Perhaps what Faust meant is that Theyskens produces custom pieces AKA Couture in addition, like McQueen, they dont have a Couture show but they do make Couture.

yes.

Who would you like to see do Haute Couture?

Well couture week seems to be getting quite boring with less designers showing i was just wondering which designers you would like to see do haute Couture

(if there is a thread allready on this please deleat this one though i did search)

I'd like to see Roland Mouret at a Couture house

anyone else?

I would like to see how Marc Jacobs would handle couture. McQueen is number one,though, and Patrick Robinson would be interesting. I would like to see Westwood, too.

Another random couture fact, this one for the models... you have to be 5'9+ to do most couture shows (unless your Kate or Devon):wink: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nauseated
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->