New School of Rock vs. Old School of Rock

I like both. For the longest time, I refused to listen to anything but classic rock, but lately I've been getting into some newer bands that have a lot of the same spirit that my favorite older ones do and are inspired by them. :smile:

Faithfulpink said:
NIN
A Perfect Circle
The Mars Volta
Radiohead
Tool
Ima Robot
Dave Navarro (Solo)
Linkin Park
Sparta
At The Drive-IN

A bunch of Metal bands are pushing the genre like Sabbath did so IT is in a great state for Rock music.

Arch enemy
Lamb Of God
Mudvayne
Fear Factory
Strapping Young Lad

THERE IS NO CONTEST. NEW AGE....NUFF SAID.

The only band I like that you mention is the Mars Volta the rest are overly commercial and lack that spirit that the Volta boys capture which reminds me of a lot of the classic rock/punk/folk acts. Their 20min songs are awe inspiring and have an undeniable passion and depth.

On another not am I the only one who finds The Beatles zzzzzzzz?

Hey faithfulpink!!!! You should be a bit more respectful of the stones!!! and... you should study your rock history a bit more...:P

Last edited by a moderator:
Faithfulpink said:
Atleast, if anything ,we can catch their "las concert" in the year 2050. The stones are going to tour until they die.

And they should! I looooove The Stones, I bought frontstage tickets for their concert in Amsterdam next summer, CAN'T WAIT! :woot: To me, they ARE the greatest rock band in the world and they always will be. B)

So, old school it is! :D

I love the Stones too, and Led Zep and the Beatles, The Doors, The Who, and so many more, classic rock is my ultimate favorite. But I also listen to some new stuff, the new "good stuff"

The sad thing is that I dont think there's ever gonna be a comeback, well some bands are trying to but bands like Fall Out Boy or Panic at the Disco, (sorry to all the fans of these guys) they are the bands of today and they are what majority of the youth of today likes (not me:(shock:. Everyone in my class, sings Fall out Boy songs, everyday, and I'm so tired of it. Ok so maybe not everyday but most of the time. They even won a grammy. So I think these bands are gonna stay, and stop rock n' roll. Life is sad.

So please guys help me build a time machine.

New School of Rock vs. Old School of Rock

there is a 'new school of rock'???
i am being ironic,ofcourse!!!

I like rock from all eras from the 50s to today. Its silly to rule music out just because its new, but I agree that on the surface it can seem like there isn't anything good out at the moment. In terms of the charts, there seems to be a higher ratio of bad music then there used to be. But then again, maybe I just have an idealised view of the past because of the movies, photography and music associated with it. I didn't live through the 50s, 60s, 70s, so I don't know what it was like to experience the music when it was new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->