New York City - Hussein Chayalan

brian w

Reaction score
where can you find Chalayan menswear in NYC? Jeffrey used to carry him but the sales guy said they weren't any longer. And Barney's doesn't (I was just there for the first time and was disappointed by their conservative selection of designers) So far the only place I've found that has pieces by him is... Century 21!! (but I got a great trenchcoat by him there)

brian w said:
where can you find Chalayan menswear in NYC? Jeffrey used to carry him but the sales guy said they weren't any longer. And Barney's doesn't (I was just there for the first time and was disappointed by their conservative selection of designers) So far the only place I've found that has pieces by him is... Century 21!! (but I got a great trenchcoat by him there)

You got that blue/white trench coat with the CD holder built in?! :woot: You are so lucky it fit you. It didn't fit me, otherwise it would've been mine! Dod you see the black jacket with zippers going through the collar?

The only other place to get it was Jeffrey, but their selection was laughable (no wonder nobody bought it) - you are much better off with Century :P .

Starting next season a store called Via Bus Stop will carry it.

faust said:
You got that blue/white trench coat with the CD holder built in?! :woot: You are so lucky it fit you. It didn't fit me, otherwise it would've been mine! Dod you see the black jacket with zippers going through the collar?

The only other place to get it was Jeffrey, but their selection was laughable (no wonder nobody bought it) - you are much better off with Century :P .

Starting next season a store called Via Bus Stop will carry it.

Which kind of store is Century 21? I used to think it's a place where you only find off-season Gucci or Dolce&Gabbana, that's why I never bothered with checking it everytime I go to NYC. Hussein Chalayan's for men? That's really impressive!

BTW, which other brands of men's wear is Via Bus Stop going to carry? I know they do lots of Viktor&Rolf, Bernhard Willhelm and Anne Valerie Hash in Japan. What about this new store in Soho? I vaguely remember Anne Valerie Hash also has men's wear, am I wrong? If I am not, I am very curious what they look like.

haoshcn said:
Which kind of store is Century 21? I used to think it's a place where you only find off-season Gucci or Dolce&Gabbana, that's why I never bothered with checking it everytime I go to NYC. Hussein Chalayan's for men? That's really impressive!

BTW, which other brands of men's wear is Via Bus Stop going to carry? I know they do lots of Viktor&Rolf, Bernhard Willhelm and Anne Valerie Hash in Japan. What about this new store in Soho? I vaguely remember Anne Valerie Hash also has men's wear, am I wrong? If I am not, I am very curious what they look like.

Heh, if I showed you some pieces i got from Century in my closet, you'd want to strangle me and run :P .

Same brands will be in Via Bus Stop in Soho as in Japan.

faust, the trenchcoat I got is steel gray/blue with a subtle check pattern and it does have a cd holder and a circular pocket on the outside, really cool! I did see the one you mentioned and I tried it on but was way too big. I'm lucky the one I got fit me perfectly, it is a size 48 and I usually wear 54 but decided to try it on anyway since he sometimes cuts oversized. And Century 21 gets in some really good stuff sometimes! Now they have some nice Viktor and Rolf pieces, some Marc Jacobs, Yohji Yamamoto Y's, Margiela, Costume National, etc. Most of it's just ok but every once in awhile you come across a real gem. They had these amazing Gucci pants a few months ago and I bought several pairs.
I'm suprised noone (I know of, anyway) in NYC carries Chalayan - and there aren't even that many stores that have a good mens selection, suprisingly. Barneys and Jeffrey have good designers, but are fairly conservative and commonplace. I like a lot of the designers and clothes they carry but most are well-known like Jacobs, Comme, Paul Smith, etc. and if I want something by them then I'd rather go to each their botiques, and it would be nice if the larger stores would carry some harder to find names.

yes, that's the coat i wanted.

Do you go to boutiques? Stores like IF and Atelier are a healthy alternative to Barneys/Jeffrey.

BTW, can one of the mods merge this thread with the existing "Hussein Chalayan's menswear" thread? Thank you :flower:

Sorry to burst your bubble on NYC, but there is a place in Chicago called Ikram that carries Chalayan. They carry many designers and all the things come straight from the runway

I have been to If and they have some good stuff, I found a couple designers I have never heard of who had really interesting pieces... can't remember their names, though. One was a shoe maker from England. Someone told me they used to be better a few years ago. I also heard about Aetlier and Seven and will check those out and just heard about a place called Odin in the East Village that sounds interesting.

JJohnson said:
Sorry to burst your bubble on NYC, but there is a place in Chicago called Ikram that carries Chalayan. They carry many designers and all the things come straight from the runway

We're talking menswear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookbabe001
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->