vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Click to expand:

JKLF3rRS_o.jpg

CFDA.COM

no Michael Kors? no Coach? no Peter Do?

It feels too empty, sort of pathetic.What happened to Tom Ford? I'm not even looking forward to this.

Im ready to get to Paris. NYFW is the most commercial. Im looking forward to RL, Proenza, Philip Lim, Kors, Naeem Khan and Badgley Mischka. I know Ill see some great work lifestyle and gown options for women. Naeem Khan has been the best of NY but hes just another designer in the vein of Elie Saab. That shows how drab NYC is. RL has some HC looking embroidered fabrics for his new collection. Im expecting perfect fabric choices at MK. Challenging looks at Proenza… Lim does the NY look the best. Naeem will give us Wall St Elie Saab. Badgley can work delicate fabrics beautifully.

Does anyone know where can i see all the pictures of the designers that wont be posted here?

Last edited:
Im ready to get to Paris. NYFW is the most commercial. Im looking forward to RL, Proenza, Philip Lim, Kors, Naeem Khan and Badgley Mischka. I know Ill see some great work lifestyle and gown options for women. Naeem Khan has been the best of NY but hes just another designer in the vein of Elie Saab. That shows how drab NYC is. RL has some HC looking embroidered fabrics for his new collection. Im expecting perfect fabric choices at MK. Challenging looks at Proenza… Lim does the NY look the best. Naeem will give us Wall St Elie Saab. Badgley can work delicate fabrics beautifully.

Does anyone know where can i see all the pictures of the designers that wont be posted here?
New York is mostly a derivative mess, it definitely does have their golden brands and designers.

Milan and Paris are definitely better overall, with Milan being consistently good and Paris depending a bit more on whether Arnault has mercy on our souls.

London is the abyss and needs to be thrown away. Their schools too.

It's embarrassing how they keep charging thousands yet can't produce a good designer. Maybe it's time to make students design real clothes rather than letting them put toilet seats on model's heads and call it a day.
The most messed up thing is that Central Saint Martins and London College of Fashion used to rank 1st and 3rd for a very long time until the pandemic switched everything up.
I suggest Tagwalk.

It's embarrassing how they keep charging thousands yet can't produce a good designer. Maybe it's time to make students design real clothes rather than letting them put toilet seats on model's heads and call it a day.
They keep churning out Harris Reed types and somehow, that hasn't given them a cause for concern.

I feel like NY is making a comeback, not so much because it's that good, but because the state of affairs in Europe is so dire.

Im looking forward to MK. this sunday was rough.

Interesting you say this. I hear Polimoda in Italy is making a come-up. Which fashion schools would you say are doing a good job at producing great designers and fashion creatives overall?
I'd probably say that the mainland European countries are producing the most consistently good designers, France (ESMOD, IFM), Italy (Polimoda, Marangoni) and Belgium (La Cambre, Antwerp).

I find that British schools tend to be so heavily focused on the conceptual, that they neglect to develop the technical skills of their students.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DBH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->