Nice Arms

pineapple

Reaction score
My arms are pretty thin as of now. However...I have no muscle whatsoever. They're not toned, they're just kind of...there. lol Anyway, any secrets to getting toned arms? I don't want huge muscles or anything, just sleek, nice arms. I've tried pushups and various things...any tips?

yea.. lift weights.

or take kendo like me! :P

oh and also, make sure you get muscles that are proportional to your arms. skinny arms + big muscles = no no

eta: some people when they stop working out after getting muscles, it turns to flab (didn't happen to me but it happened to my sister) so do it consistently i guess

My job keeps my arms pretty muscular, but I wouldn't recommend most of the stuff I do as recreation. Garden work, especially pulling weeds and hoeing, are pretty useful. So is shelving books at the library. Just exercising is terribly boring to me, so I have to be doing something.

Im lucky that I've never worked out, but my body and arms are awesomely toned... maybe it's because I dance a lot :blink:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Jun 11th, 2004 - 7:06 pm
Im lucky that I've never worked out, but my body and arms are awesomely toned... maybe it's because I dance a lot :blink:
Yeah, all that 'dancing'...

Kickboxing! I get the best workout ever from it I just wished there were more places that offered classes.

Originally posted by Episternum@Jun 11th, 2004 - 5:21 pm
My job keeps my arms pretty muscular, but I wouldn't recommend most of the stuff I do as recreation. Garden work, especially pulling weeds and hoeing, are pretty useful. So is shelving books at the library. Just exercising is terribly boring to me, so I have to be doing something.
I do about the same stuff, except exchange shelving books for hefting building plans around in the file room, and I have pretty decent arms.

I also "curl" a brick when I am just sitting around, which helps for definition, and it is a good fidget exercise. I have a brick on my desk at work for a paperweight and impromptu free weight, and another out on my front porch, which is one of my sittin' and thinkin' spots.

Another thing--how old are you? Because I had noodle arms when I was younger...until I was about 19, then I started getting leaner and more muscular. It was like when I finally got all the way done with puberty, then my body started getting more muscle and bulk on it, and I overall got a lot stronger and better with endurance.

I agree, weights work wonders.. if you ever make it to the gym, I also suggest the rowing machines

Buy some light hand weights, here's a useful workout i picked up from a magazine:

1. Hold weight in each hand, arms hanging straight down.
Turn your wrists outwards at 45 degree angle and curl your arms up to your shoulders.
Repeat 15/20 X (This one is supposed to keep biceps stretched so u don't bulk up too much)

2. Bend forwards at the waist, holding weight in each hand. Keep your elbows next to your waist, holding your arms paralell to your body, bent at the elbows to form a right angle. Straighten your arms, focussing on using your triceps to straighten them. Repeat 15/20 X (Triceps, ones behind your biceps, which eventually turn into wings in old age!!)

3. For Jennifer Aniston-esque shoulders: Hold weight in each hand, keeping your arms straight, raise them out to the side and continue up so that your knuckles r pointing to the ceiling/sky. Once your armpits are on display to the world, bend your elbows so your hands go towards your neck (keep your elbows pointing to the sky) and straighten. Lower arms back down to the sides (and throw in a bicep curl here if u like).

Don't 4get to stretch, this will lengthen your muscles and help subdue any muscle pain the following 2 days.

Astanga yoga is also v.good for arms.

oh, and do up to 3 sets 3 or 4 times a week. Don't do it if it hurts!!

I will not accept any legal responsibility if you drop any weights on your head, little toe or earlobes!!! ;-)

yoga is great for the arms, shoulders and back. It gives you long lean muscle

Doing Weights are the best best best. i've tried.
just start with a 3 kg and then proceed to 5 kg. do 3 times a week.
Don't be lazy. it's very satisfactory to see the result as you continue
my skinny flabby stick-like arms are now having " some meat"

just buy dumbells . you won't hit the gym unless it's near by.

Last edited by a moderator:
What exercises do you recommend that will not bulk up my arms (I have muscle definition, I just need more toning).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->