Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:blink: :lol:
081904_23.jpg

081904_13.jpg

081904_14.jpg

Fashion’s New Matron

BEVERLY HILLS — Nicky Hilton is nestled in a back patio booth at the Beverly Hills Hotel Polo Lounge, primed to chat about her new career as designer of the Chick by Nicky Hilton line…oh, and that other recent development in her life, becoming the new Mrs. Todd Andrew Meister.

“I didn’t know it would be such a big deal,” she offers, appearing to be genuinely amazed that her marriage immediately made CNN.

When the obvious is pointed out, that she is, after all, a Hilton sister, her darkly tanned cheeks flush. But she quickly dispels the notion that this was another impulsive celebrity-gone-wild stunt. Yes, Meister is 13 years her senior and she’s two months shy of 21, but her mother was only 19 when she walked down the aisle. And god, no, she isn’t pregnant, and doesn’t plan to be for a very long time.

“We’ve been best friends forever,” she says of her relationship with Meister.

“That’s what’s so annoying, the way the press is reporting it like we just up and went to Vegas.”

Bijou Phillips, who attended the wedding, spells it out: “Nicky is a really private person. What were they going to do, announce it? It would have been a nightmare.”

Hilton’s parents weren’t there; it was always planned that Paris would walk her down the aisle. “We’ll probably do something bigger later,” Nicky says. “We just wanted to keep this small and simple.”

That extends to what the bride wore. “I had just a really pretty white dress I got in Malibu the week before,” she says, “by no one in particular.”

“My sister was cute,” she adds.

“She was crying,” Phillips says.

It all went rather smoothly, in fact, in that scarily efficient way Vegas weddings run: no wait at City Hall — open 24 hours for just such life-altering events. The limo driver guided them through the process until he deposited them at the Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. Immediately following the 2 a.m nuptials, the party returned to Los Angeles by private jet. “It’s really no big deal,” Hilton repeats.

Holing up at this hotel isn’t really a honeymoon, either. Nicky is there to “get away from it all.”

So where is Mister Meister? “It sounds so weird, ‘My husband’s in Chicago.’ When I read in the paper, ‘The former Miss Hilton,’ I was like, ‘Former? Oh my god!’”

There’s no decision yet on whether she’ll take his name, but they will divide their time between Los Angeles and New York.

So, along with wife, Hilton is adding clothing designer to her roster of roles, which include host for E Entertainment Television, which she’ll resume for next month’s Emmys; runway model; jewelry designer, with her sister; hair accessory designer for Scunci, and handbag designer under the Samantha Slaven label.

The Chick collection will feature neat Oxford shirts and pleated minis mussed up by screen-printed cherubs, and slinky jersey togas worn alone or over pants. There are chiffon hoodies, spray-painted jackets, heavily beaded mesh tanks and even a chain-mail top to layer over it all. The denim — indigo, treated or dyed in pink, yellow or green — all comes stitched in turquoise to match her eyes, she says.

Hilton is working on her new line with the New York- and Hong Kong-based licensing firm Ben Bin, run by father-son team Alan and Ross Fredman, also creators of the Cheryl Tiegs collection. They were the only suitors Hilton met with before signing on.

“I think they just get me,” Hilton says of the Fredmans and the young in-house team with whom she’s working closely on everything from design to marketing. The Fredmans and Hilton formed a licensing corporation under the Chick by Nicky Hilton name to create other licensed products and distribution worldwide.

“There is a definitive fashion edge in this line,” Alan Fredman says during the branding shoot with David LaChapelle. “It’s almost a contemporary headset, a sophistication at junior price points.” The collection will wholesale from $25 to $150, and the Fredmans expect first-year domestic sales to reach $30 million via better department stores and specialty boutiques.

“Chick” has been Hilton’s nickname since birth. “I was this little tiny thing with big blue eyes and big, blonde, fuzzy hair,” she says. “I looked like Tweety Bird.” The former student at Parsons and the Fashion Institute of Technology knew what she didn’t want for Chick. “There’s so many celebrities who [just] lend their name to a line, which so takes all the fun out of it,” she says. “I’m really hands-on.”

“This [clothing line] is like a really big deal to me,” she adds. “I really want to put all my heart and soul in it.” — Rose Apodaca Jones

from wwd :P

Okay....I don't really know what to say but the word craptacular comes to mind :yuk:

Not another one....

She went to Parsons and FIT???

I'm glad for her...I think she really knows fashion, and she had studied it unlike many others who have started their own lines...As for her new look, I think it suits her quite well...I like her :flower:

I like her, but these clothes are awful. And doesn't she design bags under Samantha Thevasa (sp?) I haven't seen her scruncii stuff, but those bags are pretty tacky. Oh well, good luck, Nicky. At least this crap will sell in Japan; don't the girls there love her and her stuff?

thanks for posting lena...i saw this last week but couldn't post because i don't have the online version...

i actually think the stuff looks good...of course it's only three looks and it's aimed at the junior market...which is smart...she's not trying to compete with chanel...she's going after the juicy market...who love her and paris...so this is probably going to work out for her...

anyone know who's doing pr for the line in NYC...???
thx :flower: i'd love to see the stuff in person...

Well, I like Nicky and definitly have more respect for her then Paris. I'm still not totally convicinced it'll be good, but she generally has a good sense of style and she doesn't seem to be going the Kimora route.......best of luck in her plans.

“I didn’t know it would be such a big deal,”

Is it just me or do celebrities get issued with special vocubularies from birth in which marriage means something totally different from the meaning it has for common plebs and caudices?

uhm who does she think she is, this looks like ghetto clothes

there's nothing special about these clothes but i think the larger issue is here is that as a young socialite, she's actually using the education and intelligence she has to do something she has a passion for. she could just as easily become a part of the martini-swilling los angeles yacht club crowd....and you'd all have something to say about her then, too.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 23 2004, 10:08 AM
uhm who does she think she is, this looks like ghetto clothes
[snapback]342679[/snapback]​

LOL :rofl: i know...i thought that was the d 12 logo airbrushed on the jeans.

well im sure someone out there will love it... :lol: go girl :lol:

Maybe it's just me, but a degree from Parsons seems to mean less and less these days.

:lol: sooo true. No offense to anybody who attends but its become rather a redundant load of hype,filled with big named egos. I've yet to see much of anything in regards to a serious fashion education. Is trendiness a part of the cirriculum these days,btw?

i think Nicky has great style, but these clothes don't sound too hot. air brushing? togas? :huh:

Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Aug 23 2004, 02:50 PM
Maybe it's just me, but a degree from Parsons seems to mean less and less these days.
[snapback]342849[/snapback]​

as far as i know...she does not have a degree from parsons...i believe she attended some classes ...she may have a degree from FIT however since it's only a two yr school... :flower:

isn't she wearing some of her apparel in those three pics of her? I wish her the best of luck. i think she's happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->