Nicola Formichetti - Stylist

eco-warriers..:woot: this is very, very cute....and cool...:P

Photographer: Oliviero Toscani

Stylist: Nicola Formichetti & Karen Langley

A young self-sufficient tribe of eco-warriors dress for the future, camouflaged in recycled waste and plant-life.
Credits

Photography Oliviero Toscani
Styling Nicola Formichetti and Karen Langley
Hair Tomo Jidai at Jed Root, using Shu Uemura Art of Hair
Make-up Ayami Nishimura at Jed Root using MAC Cosmetics
Prop design Gary Card
Models Frankie Hemming, Kea and Luna de Buretel, Louis Cattaneo, Milo, Ruby and Sasha Weaver
Photographic assistant Ryan O'Toole
Styling assistants Anna Trevelyan, Nelma Kalonji, Nina Fourie, Sam Voltage
Prop design assistant Kim Howells
Special thanks to Ragi Dholakia

197465250899.png

dazed digital

V 60 July/August 2009 Lady Gaga (HQ)
Photographer : Sebastian Faena
Model : Lady Gaga

vmagazine.com

V 60 July/August 2009
'Forever Young'
Photographer :
Sebastian Faena

vmagazine.com

cannot say I'm always a fan, but I am so impressed with the 'Forever Young' editorial.

especially the second image!!! beautiful!

thank you for posting m.iu.miu!

I like some of his work, but I agree some is eurotrash and alot (more nowadays) is tacky... When he works with Hedi he produces some great work and his eds for Vogue Homme Japan are always quite exciting...maybe a little repetitive but still nice.

I do not like his affiliation with Lady Gaga and I feel like his work has gone downhill since working with her. But I guess Gaga = money!!

Meet Mr. Gaga | The Stylist Nicola Formichetti
By MARCUS CHANG| January 4, 2010, 12:03 pm

Whether or not you know him by name, you’ll recognize the stylist Nicola Formichetti by his aggressively modern looks (Lady Gaga’s metal orb, anyone?). When it comes to his personal style, Formichetti attributes his unrestricted creativity to his multicultural upbringing, which was shared between Italy and Japan. Now 32, he lives in New York, London and Tokyo, and keeps himself busy working as the creative director of the London magazine Dazed and Confused, the fashion director of Vogue Hommes Japan and as a stylist for advertising campaigns for Uniqlo, Dolce & Gabbana and Alexander McQueen, to name just a few. Before kicking off Lady Gaga’s “Monster Ball” tour in Montreal, T caught up with Formichetti to ask him about his career, inspirations and what it’s like to work with Gaga.

Q. How did you start working in fashion, and what has your trajectory been?
A. In my early 20s, Dazed and Confused magazine gave me a small monthly column called “Eye Spy,” where I edited and highlighted things that I liked, took pictures and styled. Ten years later, I’m the creative director. I’m always trying new things, and so I never stay in one place. I like to move forward, which is why my career is made up of so many different parts: I direct magazines, I consult for fashion brands, I work with other artists, etc. I try to do as much as possible to keep inspired and learn about new things.

What do you like best about your job?
I like that it feels more like a hobby than a job. It’s always fun. I like working with photographers that I love, like Hedi Slimane, Steven Klein and Nick Knight.

Many people in the business have a love-hate relationship with fashion. Is there something you’re not so crazy about?
There’s way too much celebrity in fashion. I don’t really like working with celebrities, so I try to stay away from that whole machine. But of course I have met some incredibly nice and creative people who just happen to be a “celebrity.”

Your work with Lady Gaga has brought you a tremendous amount of recognition. The “Bad Romance” video even gets played in New York City taxis. How did you two start working together, and what has it been like?
I first met her at a photo shoot for V magazine. It was an instant love. I had always stayed away from celebrity and musicians before, but she was so different. Instantly we understood each other completely. We started working naturally — all the videos, shows, tours, etc. She has such an amazing team around her, too, especially her creative director, Matthew Williams.

Where do you find inspiration?
I get inspired from people around me: my friends, collaborators, designers and photographers. I’m so lucky I get to meet and play with all these amazing people! I also have a huge toy collection that I often source through for ideas, but most importantly I find that traveling and visiting new places is very inspiring.

When it comes to your personal style, what do you like to wear?
Well, I’m half-Japanese, half-Italian, so naturally it’s a mix of East meets West, high fashion meets streetwear. I tend to get all my basics from Uniqlo, and I mix vintage clothing with a bit of Margiela. I like to keep it casual and comfortable.

Any advice for the young hopefuls?
Think twice! It’s not as glamorous as you think it is.
T magazine blog nytimes

The last thing I saw that I really liked from him was Forever Young. Now that he's gone all Gaga I really don't care much anymore.

I love his work so much because of the characters her creates. In every editorial he is creating characters, not styling. He reminds me a lot of Panos in how he uses clothing in unconventional ways and transforms their usage.

On another note, it is pretty silly and vapid to dislike someone because they become a personal stylist to celebrity you dislike....

I love his work so much because of the characters her creates. In every editorial he is creating characters, not styling. He reminds me a lot of Panos in how he uses clothing in unconventional ways and transforms their usage.

I think it doesn't just remind, it's too simillar!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love his work! Amazing.

Anyone else thinks he looks like Riccardo Tisci?

V#67 SeptOcy2010
Photographers: Mario Testino
Styling: Nicola Formachetti
Models: Lady Gaga, Marc Jacobs, Tyson Ballou, Marina Abramovic, Liya Kebede, Debbie Harry,
Jake Shears, Terence Koh, Lily Donalson, Lady Bunny, Mark Ronson, Hanne Gaby, Aris Schwabe, Chloe Sevigny, Martin Cohn, Andre Balazs, Shala Monroque, Kalup Linzy, Kemp Muhl, Paul Sevigny, Melinda Mader, Richard Philips , Jane Reynolds, Rachel Chandler, etc.

vmagazine.com

Vogue Hommes Japan issue5 FW2010 "With Night Comes The Darkness"
Photographer: Mariano Vivanco
Styling: Nicola Formichetti
Models: Aric Wiser, Evan Santoro, Joshua Lovrin, Jordan Coutler, Tom Lander, Chris Garbushian & Christopher Landon

Scans sobigsobig

Vogue Homme Japan issue5 FW2010 "Watch Yourself:
Photographer:
Brett Lloyd
Model: Brian Blank & Erik Watts

same source

VogueHommesJapan issue5 FW10
Pop Boys
Photographer:
Brett Lloyd
Models: Brian Blank, Noma Han, Eric Ramos, Chris Douge, Russell Giardini, Anthony Murrell, Erik Watts, Corey Baptistie, Erik Sage, Bobby Nicholas, Justin Stewart, Christopher Ribbe

scans sobigsobig

Hercules #9 FW2010
Photographer: Mariano Vivanco
Styling: Nicola Fotmichetti
Models: Amanda Lepore, Bo Akerson, Unk

nicolaformichettiblogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msflair