Nicolas Andreas Taralis for SURFACE 2 AIR, S/S 2006

tricotineacetat

Reaction score
As already reported shortly, Nicolas Andreas Taralis has teamed up with Surface 2 Air to design a small capsule collection under the label, the line had been explained as a menswear line, but with the small sizes being intended for both girls and boys (pretty much the same as with Dior Homme´s petite taille).

The pricerange is significantly lower than his mainline collection (jackets and coats in between 200 - 300€, footwear from 65 - 250€) and echoes the aesthetic of his womenswear and the collections he had been involved with at Dior Homme. Black chintzed cotton and washed canvas dominate the fabrics, as seen in a multi-zipped biker vest, a sleek parka or a fitted trenchcoat. Along with the ready to wear goes a small selection of footwear and accessories, the highlight being a black suede cowboy boot with slouchy upper.

Here are some pictures for your reference (all photos are courtesy of S2A:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds cool, love what's he's doing with his womenswear. Are you going to get it at your store Jost? Thanks for the update anyways!

drexl said:
Sounds cool, love what's he's doing with his womenswear. Are you going to get it at your store Jost? Thanks for the update anyways!

Yupp, we will have it for next season... the boots are definitely on my wishlist, as is the vest in black chintz cotton and probably the parka... :heart:

Jost, can i ask you where did you find the S2A pictures? is there a website to see them or are they pictures you took? thanks a lot.....

Diamond & Pearls said:
Jost, can i ask you where did you find the S2A pictures? is there a website to see them or are they pictures you took? thanks a lot.....
I got them directly from Surface 2 Air, since we bought the collection... BTW, did you get in to see the S/S 2006 "crossroads" show back then? It was so hard to get in, they even kept the buyer from Bon Marché out, even though there was enough space left for several more people to attend the show... I finally made it when I told the woman in front of the door that we were buying in to the collection. Oh, and I also saw that ex-Verri designer Martijn Bal attending the show...

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for posting, Jost. I think I'll be picking those boots up if they are at a retailer near me...would you happen to know if these are gonna be carried in Hong Kong?

Fade to Black said:
thanks for posting, Jost. I think I'll be picking those boots up if they are at a retailer near me...would you happen to know if these are gonna be carried in Hong Kong?

I bet there should be a stockist in Hong Kong, don´t ask me though... :shock:

so these are the range you were talking about. looks nice, particularly the vest and boots. i'd definitely going to check these out. thanks for sharing with us jost.

I already like S2A jewelry as it is but it would be nice seeing Taralis's take on their rings and necklaces...

Maria Luisa started carrying his own F/W collection at her shop in Hong Kong, but not the surface2air one. She held a show at Mandarin Oriental Bar in HK 2 weeks ago, and she opened the show with a few NAT outfits, and closed with Alaia's Mongolian chubbie (as shown in Vogue Paris this issue, but in blue). What a strong message for F/W06! Two very influencial brand for this season....

That trench coat is delicious. I'm currently in love with chintzed black cotton though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->