Nina Donis Fall/Winter 2005 London

droogist

spoilt victorian child
Reaction score
Design duo from Russia, who showed in London for the first time this season...smart stuff, I like it.

Pics are from vogue.co.uk

00010f.jpg
00020f.jpg
00030f.jpg
00040f.jpg
00050f.jpg
00060f.jpg
00070f.jpg
00080f.jpg

...and that's the last of it. I really like those fringed puffer coats.

00250f.jpg
00260f.jpg
00270f.jpg
00280f.jpg

Thanks Droogist.

I've been a big fan of their work since a Russian friend suggested them to me.

This is okay I guess. Not quite as strong as I've seen from them before. It looks a bit too much like Yohji actually.

I love all the fringe, but it dosn't do much for me.

Thx, Droogist.

I like some of these things, but I don't "feel" everything that I see here, just a few pieces.

urd said:
mm, socks with heels

I usually love that look when it's done correctly, but here...I'm not sure. Overall I really like this collection, it's simple yet elegant and constructive. I love that white look with the hood/turband-thingy :blush:

i really like the first set posted here

NINA DONIS
spacer.gif
IN case there was any doubt that London is the place to find the newest, most cutting edge labels in fashion, the inclusion of Nina Donis on this season's schedule dispels it. Having established their Moscow-based label in 1999, Nina Neretina and Donis Pouppis have been eyed by some of the capital's most stylish eyes in recent seasons and are now being sponsored by the British Fashion Council to show here. Included in the i-D magazine list of "the world's 150 most important designers", the label promises to bring London Fashion Week to an end on Thursday with a touch of the avant garde. "People say we are conceptualist but it's not for the sake of it," says Pouppis. "We are guided by our own, we hope unique, vision of traditional classic clothing in the 20th Century. Our work consists of a search for new proportions, constructions, technologies, combinations and moods and our aim is to create high quality designer clothes." (February 11 2005, AM)
spacer.gif
ndonisportrait05B.jpg

from vogue uk :flower:

Arturo21 said:
Thx, Droogist.

I like some of these things, but I don't "feel" everything that I see here, just a few pieces.

I feel the same way, a lot of these pieces don't really scream out to me--they seem to conceal form rather than celebrate or enhance it.

I can't for the life of me describe why I feel this way but it reminds me of Ann Sofie Back...

they actually first caught the industry's 'eye' when they participated at the Hyeres fashion festival/competition few seasons ago.. be soft on them, they sure have a tiny 'stage fright' but i really find them talented.. :wink:

They ARE talented....very talented.

Oh....Check out the Russian Fashion Week thread I posted a while back...that collection was amazing.

Maarit,I think perhaps the check pieces and the fringe is why you feel that,no?

i like coat. one of the more successful uses of the fringe
00250f.jpg

i like it overall..i'm interested to see where they will go.

Maarit, is it the casting and styling? also the tan socks with the shoes remind me of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->