No.21 S/S 2025 Milan

Finally, something good to eat! Obsessed with that brocade cocktail dress/striped scarf combo!

I love this, I'd also love to see him dig into his own past when he still designed for his namesake label, I'm shocked he didn't considering the revival of the Y2K/Indie Sleaze look.

I watched this show live and the collection was so fun, joyful and delicious. It's very 2000s Prada, but it's done so well.
Finally, something good to eat! Obsessed with that brocade cocktail dress/striped scarf combo!

I love this, I'd also love to see him dig into his own past when he still designed for his namesake label, I'm shocked he didn't considering the revival of the Y2K/Indie Sleaze look.
He does often nod towards his work from the 90s/00s with the chiffons and silks, the sequins, the slip-dresses, the thin knitwear, the nods to lingerie. It's just styled to look more disheveled. My best guess is that he's trying (and succeeding) to distance himself from his past brand, considering that he lost the rights to his name. To make things worse, his eponymous label was recently relaunched as a streetwear brand. N21 is definitely the bigger of the two entities by a mile, so I hopes he buys it back.

A lot of nice elements, apparent 2000s Prada references that everyone mentioned, but also a confirmation of how influential current Prada/Miu Miu is, from the overall direction and styling to actual pieces such as the little jackets and (almost) flat pointy shoes. Yet, if Miuccia and Raf sent out something that's this straightforwardly appealing and retro & trendy at the same time, I doubt the comments would be that positive, because we all expect more of a twist from Prada.

This is very pre 2006 Prada/MiuMiu.
While sometimes it can be very chaotic, I have to say that Del Acqua is a very good stylist too.
I wish his work for his own brand was more polished. It used to be when he first launched it but it has been lost on the way.

I think he would be great at Marni post Risso.

This is very pre 2006 Prada/MiuMiu.
While sometimes it can be very chaotic, I have to say that Del Acqua is a very good stylist too.
I wish his work for his own brand was more polished. It used to be when he first launched it but it has been lost on the way.

I think he would be great at Marni post Risso.
At Prada post Raf instead, I can't take Raf "intellectualism" anymore, there is no pretense of abstract concepts or intellectualism in here and it's for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->