No. A featuring Dirk Van Saene

MulletProof

Reaction score
Dirk1.jpg

abcdefeaturing.com

from amag.thepop.com:

Before there was A MAGAZINE, there was – a concept devised by Antwerp Six designer Walter Van Beirendonck for the Landed-Geland fashion festival in Antwerp, Belgium in 2001. The first issue was curated by fellow Belgian designer Dirk Van Saene, who created NºA featuring Dirk Van Saene.

The editor Gerdi Esch explained the concept like so:
“Why a new magazine?

We want to return to a poetic, fresh and “pure’ fashion magazine.

A magazine that makes a statement against homogenisation and for individuality.

A Magazine that is made out of respect for the design and the designer.

A magazine in which we want to question fashion because we are fascinated by it.

A magazine in which we want to share the parameters of the designers we love:
passion, emotion, fascination, spontaneity, craftsmanship, authenticity.

This magazine is initiated by fashion designer Walter Van Beirendonck as one of the fashion statements in the MODE2001 LANDED-GELAND project.

It will follow the rhythm of the fashion seasons, has a name that changes with the letters of the alphabet, and aims to be different, surprising and innovative.

Each issue will be host to a different guest creator.

Because we wish to oppose ‘globalisation’, we take up a clear and controversial position when it comes to adverts. We ask advertisers to depart from the usual marketing strategy and opt for a new creative adventure.

Our first guest creator is Belgian designer Dirk Van Saene, known for his ever-changing collections, his passion for couture and his cultural statements with non-conformist attitude to the system.

We are happy to present to you this first issue, ‘designed” in the same way as a fashion designer creates a new collection.

Thanks you Dirk Van Saene, for you creativity, thanks you all contributors for you homage to Antwerp, and thank you everybody to shared our enthusiasm.”
Gerdie Esch.

As such, we are proud to release No. A online on the 1st of May 2010, as the first of five special online releases, as a part of the history behind A MAGAZINE curated by. Keep reading as we divulge the contents of NºA, exploring the contributions within this issue, a true celebration of Antwerp and it’s fashion scene through the eyes of Dirk and his collaborators.
To be followed by:

No. B featuring Benhard Willhelm - June 2010
No. C featuring Hussein Chalayan - July 2010
No. D featuring Olivier Theyskens - August 2010
No. E featuring Viktor & Rolf - September 2010
Thought we should keep track of this Antwerp fest since print copies are harder to come by every year. Really looking forward to August now. :heart:

Dirk23.jpg

Dirk24.jpg

Dirk25.jpg

Dirk26.jpg

Dirk27.jpg

Dirk28.jpg

Dirk29.jpg

[abcdefeaturing]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great news! I love A and have heard of No. but never got a chance to see an issue. This is definitely something to look forward to in the next few months

hurrah! so glad you had the time to post this as i kept getting updates from their facebook.

i have this issue actually. bought it when i was in antwerp and still a treasure to me. that afterglow story styled haidee findlay levin with model laura delicata is still one my most favourite stories ever. so strong,so poetic....immensely romantic.

btw,the dark-haired model in the aladdin sane feature is our FFI messenger david flamee.

afterrhours,№A-Z was actually the original idea of the current magazine but after a bit of a conflict over №D's curator(which was margiela from the beginning but was dictated over by the publisher for V+R) with its dutch publisher artimo they decided to pull away from them and then started just A. so the rest is history. they are very much collector's issues.

holy freaking moly...

thank you thank you thank you MP...

this is inspired genius...
love love love...

:heart:

wow!...
i will come back to this again and again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->