NY Post's 50 Best Dressed Women In NYC

I think Alexandra and Theodora have great style! They are lucky enought to have a supermodel mom who has saved lots of old clothes from her days on the catwalk. They get to mix up those pieces with exciting, new pieces. I think they are awesome!

Liv Tyler is great too! She has a great style that is all her own, she doesn't care what anyone else thinks and she doesn't dress inappropriately. She is always stunning as is Milla Jovovich! Another beautiful brunette who earned her place on the list!

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 17th, 2003 - 10:54 pm
Pretty good over all :flower: :blush:

4. Nicole Kidman, Oscar-winning actress

Why she's on the list: Vogue's current cover girl is grace embodied.

Defining fashion moment: Her chartreuse John Galliano gown at the 1999 Oscars.

5. :heart: Bjork, elfin Icelandic performer

Why she's on the list: Sheer guts. Bjork's favorite designers are beau Matthew Barney, Gaelyn & Cianfarani, and Kim Jones. Defining fashion moment: That swan dress.

8. Fran Lebowitz, author

Why she's on the list: She's prone to white shirts and black blazers by pals Calvin Klein and Diane von Furstenberg.

Defining fashion moment: Once tried to get herself banned from all fashion shows by slagging them off in a column.

17. Olivia Chantecaille, cosmetic businesswoman

Why she's on the list: Simple, studied elegance.

Style secret: A great complexion is essential - she favors her own Rose Water toner.

21. Julianne Moore, actress

Why she's on the list: Her stunning turn in dark green YSL at the Oscars this year.

Defining fashion moment: When she went mainstream, she rose to the challenge in consistently superior gowns.

22. Sarah Jessica Parker, "Sex and the City" actress

Why she's on the list: She knows which of Carrie's outfits to leave at work (knickers, hotpants) and which ones to bring home (floral printed coats, Manolo Blahniks).

Defining fashion moment: Her "SATC" contract demands that she gets to keep her character's clothes.

23. Christy Turlington, model and activist

Why she's on the list: Turlington's style is totally New York - from her Marc Jacobs eveningwear to her own line of Nuala yoga togs.

Style secret: Right now, it's pregnancy chic.

25 & 26. Carolina Herrera and Patricia Herrera, mom/daughter design duo

Why they're on the list: Though their personal styles are quite different, they complement each other perfectly.

Style secret: Patricia and her two sisters are equally uniquely iconic dressers.

30. Hope Atherton, artist

Why she's on the list: The cool downtown girl everyone wants to have at their party.

Style secret: Dressing outside the box: a pair of antique bloomers as a blouse.

31. C.Z. Guest, gardening guru

Why she's on the list: This columnist hasn't had a bad clothes day in her 83 years of getting dressed, wearing Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera, Calvin Klein and shops at Bergdorf Goodman.

Defining fashion moment: Her first Mainbocher suit.

32. Lauren Bacall, actress

Why she's on the list: Old school glamour lives here. It's WASP-y chic.

Style secret: She's still got it enough to attract her new friend Nicole Kidman.

38. Sally Albemarle, sculptor

Why she's on the list: No one ever tires of watching her enter the room.

Style trademark: Elaborate beaded chokers, which accentuate her long neck.

39. Jennifer Connelly, actress :heart:

Why she's on the list: Her outside the fray style works: it's calm, elegant and never exaggerated. Defining fashion moment: Sticking a Gardenia into her long, black Narciso Rodriguez gown at the Golden Globes.

40. Cecilia Dean, founder of Visionaire magazine

Why she's on the list: Dean is always the most-photographed girl at whatever party she attends. Style secrets: Believing it's better to stand out than to blend into a crowd.

Thanks for the list, Spacemiu. :flower:

I think its an interesting list- I just can't get over Karen O @ number 6!

She is a walking cliche, and the hipster-esque irony has def. worn off at this point-

Someone should really put her on a poster for the Williamsburg Tourism Department :sick:

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Apr 15th, 2004 - 4:00 pm

She is a walking cliche, and the hipster-esque irony has def. worn off at this point-

Someone should really put her on a poster for the Williamsburg Tourism Department :sick:
so true :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:24 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:24 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-paprika_hiccup@Apr 15th, 2004 - 4:00 pm

so true :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]

I should photoshop one, right?

I forgot to say how happy I am that Amy Sedaris made the list!!

34. Amy Sedaris, writer

Why she's on the list: She's a genuine eccentric.

Style secret: "I dress like a deaf person, meaning I like loud patterns, shiny, colorful things,"she says.

I have the biggest platonic crush on her- she shares my obsession with kitch-
She wore a dress on Letterman a few months ago that her friend made made out of her aprons :heart: :heart:

For those who do not know of her- you should! You have prob. seen her on SATC- she is Carrie's lit. agent I think. :woot: :woot:

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Apr 15th, 2004 - 9:35 pm
34. Amy Sedaris, writer

Why she's on the list: She's a genuine eccentric.

Style secret: "I dress like a deaf person, meaning I like loud patterns, shiny, colorful things,"she says.

I have the biggest platonic crush on her- she shares my obsession with kitch-
She wore a dress on Letterman a few months ago that her friend made made out of her aprons :heart: :heart:

For those who do not know of her- you should! You have prob. seen her on SATC- she is Carrie's lit. agent I think. :woot: :woot:
She was in Strangers With Candy, too! That show was hilarious. :lol:

I'm not sure if "the Donald" picks out her clothes for her, but Melania Knauss is always dressed to perfection :heart:

I'm glad that its not another actress thats number one and runner-up.

The Richard sisters are really great dressers....that's why at some parties and what-not I keep from talking too much to em...they make me look bad :ninja: ...frankly anyone......

ANd Nan Kemper is a surprise...I didn't expect that...she does dress well, but now she'll probably be flaunting to everyone and their uncle she's one of the best dressed... :wacko:

very interesting...i love it how all the socialites and those peoples tend to stay at the bottom of the list...

:yuk: Alexandra and Thoedora Richards? Um... no. I cannot stand them. :yuk: I do agree with Milla Jovovich and Jennifer Connely though. They are the most beautiful women around today.

Nicole Kidman? EW EW EW. She has no style. She is a gawky, overly pale, couldn't pick a pair of jeans with out her stylist type, and since when is she a New Yorker? I thought this list was for the top 50 best dressed New York women, even if she does own property here, she will never be a New Yorker.

I agree with the Richards girls. I have met them a few times, they have an adorable, chic, young style.

sienna miller AND kate moss also live in new york city right now, they both are best dressed women in NYC

It was alleged that Meredith Viera got a face lift. It wouldn't suprise me, she looks plastic.

Chloe Sevigny
Why she's on the list: Her daring style predates Carrie Bradshaw's.

Off topic but, what style did Carrie Bradshaw exactly have that was so daring?

I don't like it when people call themselves daring, new and avant-garde when, in reality, the whole time they step out of their little boxes even for a moment they freak out. Fake. Fraud. Bleugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->