Nylon June/July 2010 : M.I.A. by Marvin Scott Jarett

kokurox

Reaction score
2dlka6u.jpg

actualidea.com

There's something strange about how that black dress fits her. She looks nice otherwise, maybe a bit boring for M.I.A.

I feel like I've seen this hundreds and hundreds of times before.

Any of the other pictures inside would have made for much better cover.

Finally they put someone good on the cover, the last few cover girls have been dull. This is an understated outfit for M.I.A. however I really like her bracelet that she sports, it makes the look pop!

i saw some scans floating around from this issue on tumblr
pretty underwhelming
the cover is... typical nylon. i like M.I.A but it's not grabbing my eye

how do you have "rebel rebel" combined with the most boring picture ever. I love her but I also think that the first or second shots from the cover story would have made better covers

I like it. The colors, her pose and her expression. There's just something wrong with that dress and her body.

^love the ed , but there's countless of other photos I would've used for the cover. Plus, there's also something off about the cover photo. Maybe a tid bit boring? The black dress seems so boring and annoying.

the cover is a bit boring for M.I.A., I was expecting something more colourful and unique

^for nylon, location is limited to either a gritty, urban neighborhood or some random forest area. i might actually prefer the studio shots.

It's ok for Nylon, I just cannot wait for her album to come out :woot:

love m.i.a., could have done a crazier shoot thou, since she is pretty awesome and out there...

So great to see M.I.A. on the cover! Though I knew the cover pic wouldn't be that great - Nylon rarely puts out great covers. Also, I'm loving the design on her nails in that pic.

edit: The Diamond Life
ph: Jolijn Snijders
style: Scott Robert Clark
model: Marina Diamandis

Janelle Monae by Filippo del Vita

Avril Lavigne by Lauren Ward

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036