Overstock.com

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by Honey, Mar 5, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. Honey

Honey New Member

So I was surfing around as usual and found this basic black D&G cashmere sweater for $120.00. The site lists it's original price as $675.00, so I figure it's a wonderful bargin, and it's a basic and classic staple of a wardrobe.

The problem is that I have never shopped from this site before. (You basically have to dig a lot to find a good piece, but sometimes the price is worth it!) It looks professional, but I'm still weary of online shopping when the price tag is over $50 dollars.

Have any of you purchased anything from them?

Thanks to anyone who can help. And to everyone else, it's atleast worth browsing through. Granted a lot of the stuff is :sick: you can still sometimes scrounge up some great stuff at a great price :flower:

2. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

It's been around for ages and ages and is reccomended by loads of other places...

3. Honey

Honey New Member

Thanks so much! :flower:

And yup, I hadn't known about it until recently :blush:

4. faust

faust New Member

yea, it's legit, got some stuff from there myself (electronics)

5. Missy44x

Missy44x New Member

Oh goodness..be careful!!! If you check out the handbag section someone had posted that there burberry bags were fake... geez..thats terrible..I even recall saying that I viewed their commercials on tv...and was close to buying a burberry scarf...thank god I didnt...

6. Honey

Honey New Member

SO they aren't real? :wacko:

7. sPaRkLiN'dIaMoNd

sPaRkLiN'dIaMoNd New Member

i don't buy clothes off overstock, but i bought my Paolo Gucci silver diamond watch from there for only $50! and the regular price was $150! :brows: :heart:

8. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I would believe them to be legit as they are such a large and well publicized site. Regarding handbags, burberry knockoffs are everywhere and much more accessible than say a knockoff of a turtleneck, and it's possible that the buyer didn't realize they were fakes. I saw no burberry bags on the site so I can't judge but Honey, I'm pretty sure your turtleneck is a good, safe buy.

9. AlexN

AlexN New Member

You should always worry about handbags on any website like that. BUT...the sweater is certainly safe. Overstock is a fantastic site when you can find something worth buying. I got a $1500 Dolce & Gabbana knit turtleneck sweater for $99 on Overstock about a year ago on a super sale. It's absolutely gorgeous and definitely authentic (I can't imagine it's actually possible to knock off, anyway).

Go for it!!!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm 99.9% positive the Burberry scarves are authentic. But they're the lambswool version, not the cashmere.

10. jenimmacto

jenimmacto New Member

i bought 7 of these dolce sweaters from overstock, they were absolutely authentic. i was disappointed in the quality of the cashmere though i must say. but for that price . . .