Pantone color of the year 2008

That's a nice color. Balenciaga s/s 2008 uses it I think

I've seen these swatch books at school before. They're huge... and expensive :o Like $200 maybe? Per book. Or $100, maybe more

On their website, they call it a colour matching system
So I guess if you find a colour you like, you can find a way or some instruction to create that with a computer program, paint or other medium

We create our own swatch books though because different brands of paint, pigment, dye, whatever will always vary
A red from one company will be different from another company's red, or sometimes one red will bleed more or cause so many problems that you have to use another brand's... and use their products instead.
So we only use these "colour system books" from Pantone, etc. for fun

I suggest you guys go out and find some Pantone swatches yourself. Pantone colors are BEAUTIFUL, but they're Pantone because they can't be duplicated by even a 4 color print process like your magazines get shot out of. They're so good the printer needs to purchase and load a 5th color into the machine just for that certain color. I feel cheated because internet browsers are nowhere near able to reproduce that hue and saturation.

Pantone fabric swatches:
http://www.pantone.com/Pages/Products/Product.aspx?pid=323&ca=4

Pantone print library:
http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/pantone.aspx?ca=1

Attachments

• 00020m.jpg
    00020m.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 00050m.jpg
    00050m.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 00140m.jpg
    00140m.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 00170m.jpg
    00170m.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1
I saw it when it was in the paper...
Blue iris has always been one of my favorite colors and I'm glad it will be more visible this year... :heart:

I bought a Nike jacket from their 08 collection the other day, it was in that color. I see it everywhere more and more now.

Seems like blue has been popular for a while now
I remember there was a lot of it for spring 07

And then before that, there was a time of grey
and a time for brown
I wonder what that was about

I still love grey. ^^ ^_^

Pantone never realized that its been everywhere as of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susername77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->