12:30 • ELIE SAAB*
13:30 • YIQING YIN**
14:30 • JEAN PAUL GAULTIER
16:00 • MAXIME SIMOENS**
17:00 • MAISON RABIH KAYROUZ**
18:30 • VALENTINO*
19:30 • MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA*

5th JUL

10:00 • BOUCHERON, CHANEL JOAILLERIE, CHAUMET, DIOR JOAILLERIE, MELLERIO DITS MELLER, VAN CLEEF & ARPELS

modeaparis

So am I seeing this right, is Givenchy really listed as a fashion show? Does anybody have info on this?

last season i think it was too.but it end it up been just a presentation.(i think)
btw will Dior be by the New designer?

Yes Alonso! The first appointement for Raf in the house of Dior is the haute couture FW 12/13 show! :wink:

I'm guessing by Chanel having two appointments the set will be on a smaller scale, which amazes me when they have the entire space of the Grand Palais to play with, I also think Givenchy maybe a show.

3rd of July, will be House of Worth's HC show as well, at 13:00 & 14:00

It's not in Paris but it's really important and is couture.

@dolcegabbana confirms it'll show 1st couture collection July 9 in Taormina, Sicily. Only 3 media outlets invited to the client-only show.
jimshi809 - twitter

^I hope their couture has some interesting/complex designs and doesn't end up as over-the-top decoration.

two chanel show again? is karl going to make a spaceship?...

Christian Dior Preview; -vogue.co.uk

"EXCITING, beautiful and new" - this is what we can expect from Raf Simons and his debut Christian Dior collection (couture, no less), according to master milliner Stephen Jones. And he should know, for he's the man making the hats for what is easily one of the most-long awaited collections of the year, following Simons' appointment to the house back in April of this year.

"His aesthetic is informing what I do. I'm very excited," said Jones yesterday at Royal Ascot. "He telephoned and asked me. I've known him on and off for years and people had kept saying we needed to get together and eventually, yes, now we're working together and on the biggest stage in the world."

Christian Dior couture shows have always heralded a huge sense of excitement in the fashion calendar - for the drama that John Galliano (the former creative director who was dismissed from the label in March 2011), instilled and consequently the journey the label has been on ever since. Bill Gaytten, Galliano's right-hand man, led the design helm following the disgraced designer's departure, though his first couture collection was greeted with mixed reviews.

So what of Simons' couture offering?
"That's so top secret, I can't even give you a hint," said Jones, staying suitably tight-lipped when questioned further.

Christian Dior’s Couture Home; -vogue.co.uk

Raf Simons has reportedly found a new venue to stage his debut Dior couture show - at a vacant hôtel particulier (a mansion hotel), on the Avenue d'Iéna, one of the tree-lined streets, near the Arc de Triomphe.

The move marks a change for the fashion house, which traditionally shows its couture collections in the gardens of the Rodin Museum or in its couture salons on the Avenue Montaigne. The brand is expected to hold two shows at Couture Fashion Week next month; one for press and another for clients, WWD reports. The press show is scheduled for Monday July 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christyshaw61
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->